Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another SeaTalk 1 system upgrade.
02-13-17, 12:53 PM
RE: Another SeaTalk 1 system upgrade.
Is there any problem with continuing to operate with the ST6001 connected directly to the SPX10 via the SeaTalk cable? I appear to have full functionality with this configuration.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-17, 01:41 PM
Bradley,

While interfacing the interfacing the autopilot control head and SmartController base station via SeaTalk will permit the autopilot to be controlled by these devices, the SPX autopilot course computers had very limited SeaTalkng to SeaTalk data bridging capabilities. This feature would limit the autopilot control head and SmartController from displaying some data items. When interfaced to the system via an operational SeaTalk to SeaTalk Converter, the autopilot control head and SmartController would not be expected to be similarly limited.
02-15-17, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-17 01:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I swapped the SeaTalk to SeatalkNG converter with another one and the ST6001 and Smart Controller are now functioning properly. Looks like a bad converter. I'll address this with the vendor. Great troubleshooting work Chuck!
02-15-17, 01:29 PM
You're welcome.