Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: Replacing all electronics
02-06-17, 03:53 PM
RE: Replacing all electronics
I have successfully installed all of my new electronics following the lightening strike as shown in the attached diagram. I now want to incorporate the analog signal from my engine temperature gauge and oil pressure sensor. I plan on purchasing an Actisense EMU-1 unit to do this. I am not sure how to connect the NMEA2000 output from this unit to my system. Would appreciate knowing what cables I will need and where in my system I can connect.
Randy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-17, 04:47 PM
RE: RE: Replacing all electronics
Wrandy,

As your backbone does not presently have any unoccupied SeaTalkng spur sockets, you will need to add an additional spur socket to the SeaTalkng backbone to accommodate the additional device which you desire to add. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to interface third party devices having a NMEA 2000 communications interface as spurs to a SeaTalkng backbone.
02-08-17, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-17 03:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
Thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly I should be able to add a T connector to the backbone then plug in a spur cable (A645) from the NMEA2000 output of the Actisense unit to the new T. I do not need another 5 way connector unless I just want to have additional inputs available for future use. Is that correct?
Randy
02-08-17, 03:57 PM
Wrandy,

Q. If I understand correctly I should be able to add a T connector to the backbone then plug in a spur cable (A645) from the NMEA2000 output of the Actisense unit to the new T.
A. Correct