Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ES98 Multifunction
02-08-17, 03:20 PM
ES98 Multifunction
I have recently acquired a 2003 Mainship trawler that I plan on replacing the electronics. I have (2) questions:
Presently, there is an RL70C plotter and I would like to replace it with an ES98. My question is that there is only room for the ES98 and the [censored] for the RL70C is higher than the ES98. I see that there is an R70010 adapter that should cover the [censored]. Will the ES98 fit onto the adapter? It is not mentioned as an applicable assembly. Is there anything else available that may work?
I would like to also connect an E22078 Wind transducer directly to the ES98. I see that to make a Seatalk ng connection, I will need an ITC-5, Is there anything else that can be used for this connection? Also, going over the ES98 user manual, it does not describe being able to adjust the wind direction. Is this possible? The literature on the iTC-5 says an ST70 must be used. Do I need an ST70 and an iTC-5 to connect the wind indicator to the ES98?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-17, 11:35 AM
RE: ES98 Multifunction
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum morseg,

Q1: My question is that there is only room for the ES98 and the [censored] for the RL70C is higher than the ES98. I see that there is an R70010 adapter that should cover the [censored]. Will the ES98 fit onto the adapter? It is not mentioned as an applicable assembly. Is there anything else available that may work?
A1: Unfortunately, Raymarine does not offer adapter plates for the eS-Series MFDs. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. I would like to also connect an E22078 Wind transducer directly to the ES98. I see that to make a Seatalk ng connection, I will need an ITC-5, Is there anything else that can be used for this connection? Also, going over the ES98 user manual, it does not describe being able to adjust the wind direction. Is this possible? The literature on the iTC-5 says an ST70 must be used. Do I need an ST70 and an iTC-5 to connect the wind indicator to the ES98?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply