Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing GPS signal from a70d
01-13-17, 05:23 PM
Sharing GPS signal from a70d
Hi

I have a raymarine a70d which can receive a gps signal and a c70 which cannot by itself. Can I share the gps signal from the a70 with the c70?

If so, how do I have to connect them?

Thank you

Andrea
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-17, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-17 04:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Sharing GPS signal from a70d
Andrea,

The A-Series Classic MFDs featured a NMEA 0183 communications interface permitting a direct connection between it and a C-Series Classic MFD. Accordingly, the NMEA 0183 Port 1 output leads (yellow and brown) of the A-Series Classic MFD may be interfaced to the corresponding NMEA 0183 input leads (white and green) of the C-Series Classic MFD's NMEA 0183 Cable to support having the A-Series Classic MFD supply the C-Series Classic MFD with GPS data.

Alternatively, these products may be interfaced to one another via an E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit. The a70 MFD (updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates) may be interfaced to one of the white spur sockets of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit. The SeaTalk port the yellow SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter kit would then be interfaced to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. The SeaTalk port of the C-Series Classic MFD will be joined to the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block via an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having 3-pin press-fit molded plugs on each end of the cable. As the SeaTalk port of the C-Series Classic MFDs is powered, it is recommended the aforementioned SeaTalk cable connecting the C-Series Classic MFD's SeaTalk port to the D244 SeaTalk Junction block be cut and that its yellow and shield leads then be spliced back together, leaving the red leads unspliced. The cable's red leads should be insulated to prevent shorting. The supplied SeaTalkng Power Cable may then be connect to a switched 12 VDC power socket and then plugged into the remaining white spur socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Finally, the two blue Termination Plugs will be inserted into the blue backbone sockets of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.
02-17-17, 02:14 PM
Hi Chuck

Thank you very much for your answer.

In that way, it will be then possible to share the gps signal from the a70d to the c70?

I have both equipments in a center cockpit and a radar for the c70, so I wanted to give gps signal to the c70, just to have both MFDs with the signal and include an ais 250 to the package.

Any special instructions to get all the units connected?

Thank you again.

Andrea
02-17-17, 03:57 PM
Andrea,

Using either of the methods specified within my initial response would permit the A70D to supply the C70 MFD with GPS data. Regarding, how to connect these products to one another, please see my initial response.
02-17-17, 05:10 PM
Thank you Chuck!!
02-18-17, 07:56 AM
You're welcome.