Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Networking E97+Autopilot+CP470
02-15-17, 01:51 PM
Networking E97+Autopilot+CP470
Hi

I already have installed Autopilot with 5 Way SeaTalk. I would like to attach to present system E97 and CP470 and would like to have option for one more extra A or E MFD. In order to connect all this together would you be so kind and let me know what else I need and how this should be connected?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-17, 03:00 PM
RE: Networking E97+Autopilot+CP470
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mburazor.

Does the currently installed marine electronics system include or do you anticipate adding any of the following compatible products having an Ethernet communications interface:
- radome or open array radar pedestal
- CP370, CP300, DSM30/300, CP100, or CP200 fishfinder sounder module
- SR150, SR6, or SR100 SiriusXM Satellite Weather Receiver
- RMK-10, RMK-9 Remote Keypad
- IP camera
- Raymarine/FLIR thermal camera
02-16-17, 08:29 AM
At the moment my plan is to have connected E97, EV-100 and CP470 with possibilities of one more MFD. I don't have any plans for any other equipment, yet.
02-16-17, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-17 08:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
mburazor,

The 9" and 12" a/c/e/eS-Series MFDs feature two Ethernet NETWORK sockets. As only three of the devices which you have specified have Ethernet communications interfaces, the e97 MFD and the additional MFD may simply be interfaced to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. This connection will permit all system data (except for NTSC/PAL video sources) to be shared between the MFDs.

One of the two MFDs will be configured as the system's Data Master MFD. The Data Master MFD, along with the EV-1 Sensor Core, Evolution ACU, and autopilot control head will each be interfaced as spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone. The SeaTalkng web pages of Raymarine's web site include information identifying the networking components and their respective part numbers.