Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New EV 200 Install Issue
02-25-17, 03:44 PM
New EV 200 Install Issue
I just installed an EV200 kit into my twin engine verado center console. The system includes the ACU 200 wired through a switch to 12vdc, a p70rS head, and the EV1 module. All components are connected to a Seatalkng backbone. When I power on the helm, the p70 and EV1 come on normally and the EV1 led turns solid green. When I then switch on the ACU200 (not set to power the Seatalkng), the EV1 led turns solid red for 7 seconds, then resets and repeats the process. As soon as I turn off the ACU, the EV1 goes solid green again.

I isolated the three components to their own Seatalkng network and used the ACU to power the 5 way block. The results were exactly the same. Any suggestions on what could be causing the EV1 to fault?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-17, 12:03 PM
RE: New EV 200 Install Issue
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum NextStep,

As you have suggested, it is recommended that the SeaTalkng backbone be powered from a switched 12VDC power source and that the SeaTalkng Power switch of the ACU be switched to the OFF position. Does the system include a Raymarine MFD featuring a SeaTalkng communications interface? Is the SeaTalkng backbone properly terminated (with blue SeaTalkng Termination Plugs inserted within the backbone socket of each end of the backbone? What versions of software are installed within the EV-1 Sensor Core and Autopilot Control Head (MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT SYSTEM). With the EV-1 disconnected from the system and the ACU reconnected to the system, use the aforementioned command sequence to determine the version of software within the ACU.
02-27-17, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-17 05:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The system has 2 eS128s, an i70s, a CP200, a CP470, an RD424D, an ACU200, a p70Rs, and the EV1. Both eS128s are connected to the STng backbone along with the i70, p70, ACU200, EV1, a merc monitor, and 12VDC. The STng connections are made with 2 5 way units and 2 Ts. Both ends are terminated.The eS128s, CP200, CP470, and RD424D are connected to a SeaTalkHS.

Software versions: eS128s - 17.45, p70Rs - 3.07, EV-1 - 1.11 (RSCP V1L4), ACU200 - 2.17 (RSCP V1L4)
02-28-17, 10:08 AM
NextStep,

The EV-1 Sensor Core has very early software installed within its memory. It is recommended that the ACU and p70RS be temporarily disconnected from the SeaTalkng backbone and that its software be updated with latest EV-1 Sensor Core software update. After updating the EV-1 Sensor Core's software, the ACU and p70RS may be reconnected to the backbone (again, the ACU should not provided power to the backbone). Should the system not perform in a stable manner, then the ACU should be returned to the dealer (if purchased within the last 30 days) or sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Should the system operate in a stable manner, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing actions to be taken following the software update.
02-28-17, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-17 09:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
That seems to have done the trick. It never occurred to me that a brand new device would have software that old on it. Glad it was a quick and easy fix. Thanks for your assistance.
03-01-17, 09:07 AM
You're welcome.