Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS Routing
02-24-17, 02:18 PM
GPS Routing
Weekend Sailor here. New to the whole console style GPS/Chartplotters so please excuse my ignorance. I mostly do coastal cruising and racing. I am looking at the AXIOM and the e series both in 7" with Navionics North America.

My question is about routing. on my trusty hand held I put in a route with various waypoints and as I pass them it advances to the next, adjusting my course and distance and all that. I have seen GPSs that don't do that and I want to make sure that these do perform that auto advance function.

Thanks,
TonyH
Hunter 26.5
Kerri'd Away
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-17, 03:04 PM
RE: GPS Routing
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

When following a route (i.e. a Follow Route command has been executed), Raymarine's Axiom and a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are designed to alarm when the arrival circle of the route's waypoint has been entered. Upon acknowledging the arrival alarm, the waypoint name, range, bearing, and TTG data specified by the MFD are then recalculated to reflect that the MFD will now be navigating to the next waypoint of the route. Should the Waypoint Arrival Alarm be configured OFF, then this alarm will not be sounded and the dialog will simply change to reflect data associated with the next waypoint of the route. However, when interfaced to a Raymarine autopilot via SeaTalk or SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications, each turn must be acknowledged via the autopilot control head, remote, or via the MFD (if interfaced via to a Raymarine autopilot via SeaTalk or SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications and the MFD's Autopilot Control feature has been configured ON).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply