Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New equivalents to the C and E series MFDs?
02-27-17, 05:22 PM
New equivalents to the C and E series MFDs?
I have 2 c95 MFDs that are networked together along with several other accessories. I would like in the future to replace 1 or both with an MFD that has the hybridtouch technology. The new series of MFDs (Axiom, A, Ee, Gs, etc) has me confused. Which are equivalent in functionality to the previous E series like the e95? I am hoping that I can just remove the old unit and drop in the new unit without having to change all the cables and networking accessories.

Ovi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-17, 01:56 PM
RE: New equivalents to the C and E series MFDs?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ovi,

The e95 MFD had been the HybridTouch counterpart to the c95 MFD. Replacement of a c95 MFD with an e95 MFD would have simply required unplugging the power and communications cables from the c95 MFD, removing the fasteners securing the c95 MFD, removing the c95 MFD, inserting the e95 MFD, fastening the e95 MFD, and then connecting the c95 MFD's power and communications cable to the e95 MFD. However, e95/e97 MFDs were retired a couple of years ago and were replaced by the eS97 and eS98 MFDs, both of which feature internal fishfinder circuitry ... Raymarine does not offer 9" eS-Series MFDs lacking this circuitry. You may want to search the Internet for any dealer who may still have inventory of e95 MFDs. Alternatively, the c95 MFDs may be replace with either eS97 or eS98 MFDs, both of which are designed to accept the power and communications cables which had been used with the c95 MFD. The flush mount cutout for the c9x/e9x MFD differ slightly from those of the eS9x MFDs and may be accessed via the links below:
- c9x/e9x Flush Mount Template
- eS9x Flush Mount Template
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply