Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No pilot indication
02-27-17, 05:16 PM
No pilot indication
Hi I have just hooked up my new Ev400 and the supplied P70S control head. The acu powers the I 70s. The drive unit is an octopus and I have connected the clutch and motor lines. The boat is presently sitting on the hard. When I power the acu up the instruments come on and the p70s comes on. The p70s indicates NO PILOT. Is this normal until I do the commissioning?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-17, 03:02 PM
RE: No pilot indication
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum tjeeagles,

Does the system include a Raymarine MFD featuring a SeaTalkng communications interface?

Is the SeaTalkng backbone properly terminated (with blue SeaTalkng Termination Plugs inserted within the backbone socket of each end of the backbone?

It should not be assumed that newly purchased products have the latest versions of software installed within them. What versions of software are installed within the EV-1 Sensor Core and Autopilot Control Head (MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT SYSTEM). With the EV-1 disconnected from the system and the ACU connected to the system, use the aforementioned command sequence to determine the version of software within the ACU-400 and p70S. With the ACU-400 disconnected from the system and the EV-1 reconnected to the system, use the aforementioned command sequence to determine the version of software within the EV-1 Sensor Core.

Should the EV-1, ACU-400, p70S, and i70S not each have the latest available Raymarine product software updates installed within them, then the software within these components must be updated accordingly. After updating the software within these products and/or should these products already have the latest software installed within them, then a Pilot Factory Reset (MENU->SET-UP->AUTOPILOT CALIBRATION->COMMISSIONING->PILOT FACTORY RESET) should be commanded, followed execution of the autopilot's Dockside Wizard. The Evolution software update and subsequent Pilot Factory Reset will cause deviation data stored within the autopilot to be deleted, necessitating that the autopilot once again create its deviation table and report the maximum detected deviation. this will required that the vessel be taken out for a brief cruise and operated in the manner specified within the FAQ found here.
03-02-17, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-17 04:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck.
The ACU is running v2.17 the P70 is running v3.07. The Acu powers the instruments which I'm assuming also powers the p70 so not sure how to check the Ev1 if I disconnect the acu. I have an e97 running the most recent update I did this today. All the backbones are terminated and all the spur connections are terminated. The e97 when on sounds the no pilot alarm as well. I do have an st 600 connected via the proper sea talkng device.
I notice the EV 1 flashes a short green followed by a long green then a long red. I did a factory reset but still both the p70s and the e97 show no pilot.

Waiting for advice.

Tom.
03-02-17, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-17 04:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Tom,

If the ACU had been supplying power the SeaTalkng backbone, then it would instead be necessary to use a SeaTalkng Power Cable (connected to a 12VDC power circuit) and then connect this cable to spur socket within the backbone. After connecting the EV-1 Sensor to the backbone, then the previously supplied command sequence would be used to determine the version of software installed within the EV-1 Sensor Core.
03-02-17, 04:41 PM
one other thing I forgot to mention is the acu had something saying Can add 172 and the p70s had can add 0 not sure if this means anything. Also the Sti to stng converter is running ver 2.03

Tom
03-02-17, 04:42 PM
okay will try this tomorrow it will take some wiring.

Tom
03-02-17, 04:52 PM
Tom,

Q. "Can add 172 and the p70s had can add 0 not sure if this means anything".
A. I'm not certain what this statement is intending to convey. Proceed with my earlier recommendation. The software level within the ACU and control head is current ... I suspect that you will find that the EV-1 Sensor Core's software level is not.
03-21-17, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-17 09:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Okay took a little while due to cold etc but wired the instruments separate from ACU and did as you indicated and every thing appears to be communicating now. Just waiting for warm weather and launch.

Thanks.
03-22-17, 09:40 AM
You're welcome.