Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot for 1990 Alpha One Cable Steer I/O?
03-02-17, 12:24 PM
Autopilot for 1990 Alpha One Cable Steer I/O?
Hello, I have a 1990 Searay 220OV with a cable steer power assisted Mercruiser Alpha One Gen 1 I/O drive. I am considering installing an auto pilot in it this year. It looks like I would need to purchase the EV200 system along with a steering actuator. Does anybody have any experience with a similar setup? The M81138 Electromechanical Drive says that it is for 1997 or later. I can only find a handful of places to purchase this and it looks like you have to specify what your drive is to get the appropriate brackets for install. I am also seeing some websites saying that it is for 1987 and newer I/O's but nowhere do I see a spot to specify this. I am trying to figure out my options without having to convert the boat over to hydraulic steering.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-17, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-17 01:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Autopilot for 1990 Alpha One Cable Steer I/O?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gezellig,

Raymarine, Inc. ceased offering / supported the subject drive approximately 10 years ago and fitting the supported Raymarine rudder reference transducer to cable steered I/O drives could be quite challenging. These days an Octopus helm or remote drive is typically used for such applications ... including the Mercruiser I/O onboard my own boat. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
03-02-17, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-17 04:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck I have contacted them. I kind of knew this was going to be the answer but wanted to make sure..... so much for an easy quick solution. LOL
03-02-17, 04:40 PM
You're welcome.