Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum radar signal understanding
03-05-17, 12:13 PM
Quantum radar signal understanding
I just installed a Quantum Radar (Wifi only) and a a95 MFD. Everything appears to working great. I have never used radar before; is there a resource I can go to/use to help me understand and interpret the radar signal presentation I see on the a95 screen? I have not found anything yet on the Raymarine website.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-17, 03:21 PM
RE: Quantum radar signal understanding
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

I would recommend that those seeking information concerning use of the Radar application and Chart application's Radar Overlay features start by reviewing with Chapter 16: Radar application and Section 14.16 Overlays (specifically the Radar Overlay option) of the Chart application within the LightHouse II Release 17 Operating Instructions. Many customers who are new to radar will be advised to utilize the Radar Overlay feature of the Chart application to become familiar with distinguishing returns from fixes objects (ex. land, structures, buoys, anchored vessels, etc.) versus moving objects such as other vessels. A quick search of the Internet turned up the following YouTube primer on the use of the radar features within Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. Like sonar imaging, interpretation of radar imaging is best accomplished through frequent use of the feature during daylight hours with conditions supporting good visibility. Radar performance will also be maximized in systems which have been interfaced to a source of heading data.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply