Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade questions from C80 + C120
03-07-17, 08:44 PM
Upgrade questions from C80 + C120
Hi Raymarine Group,

I currently have a 2006 Boston Whaler conquest 305 which is equipped with a C80 and C120 w/ radar. I fish both inshore and offshore out of Rhode Island, so looking for fish finder capabilities. I'm looking to upgrade to the following items;

(Replacing C80)
eS97 9" HybridTouch Multifunction Display with Built in Fishfinder, Wi-Fi and USA CMAP Essentials Chart

(Replacing C120)
eS128 12.1" HybridTouch Multifunction Display with Built in DownVision Sonar, Wi-Fi and USA CMAP Essentials Chart

Radar Replacement
4kW 18" HD Color Radome + 10m Raynet Cable (would like bird mode option)

If I go with these options, will I have to add on additional fish finder units or transducers, or does the eS displays work out of the box once it is installed?

Also what additional items (cables, cords, mounting hardware) will I need to flush mount these were the current units are?

Are the bundle packs a better option in this case?
Example:

eS98 DownVision & SideVision Pack with eS98, Navionics chart, CPT-100DVS transducer, CP200 and CPT-200 transducer

eS128 DownVision & SideVision Pack with eS128, Navionics chart, CPT-100DVS transducer, CP200 and CPT-200 transducer

Thank you for any help you can offer,

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-17, 11:20 AM
RE: Upgrade questions from C80 + C120
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chris,

Q1. If I go with these options, will I have to add on additional fish finder units or transducers, or does the eS displays work out of the box once it is installed?
A1. Should a DSM30 or DSM300 currently be installed onboard the boat, then the DSM may instead be interfaced to the networked MFDs to supply 50 kHz / 200kHz fishfinder sounder imagery had previously done for the C-Series Classic MFD that it had been interfaced to. Alternatively, the transducer which is interfaced to the DSM30 or DSM300 may be adapted (w/E66066 Adapter) to be mated to the TRANSDUCER socket of the eS97 MFD to likewise supply the networked MFDs to supply 50 kHz / 200kHz fishfinder sounder imagery.

Q2. Also what additional items (cables, cords, mounting hardware) will I need to flush mount these were the current units are?
A2. Unfortunately, Raymarine does not offer adapter bezels and mounting plates to support replacement of a C/E-Series Classic MFD with an eS-Series MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how a mounting surface may be prepared to accept new MFD. The MFDs may be interfaced to one another or to a RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. Please click here to view the FAQ addressing how the SeaTalk and NMEA 0183 devices which are currently interfaced to the C-Series Classic MFD may instead be interfaced to the new eS-Series MFD based system. This FAQ additionally includes information concerning how the radome may be interfaced to the new system.

Q3. Are the bundle packs a better option in this case?
Example:
- eS98 DownVision & SideVision Pack with eS98, Navionics chart, CPT-100DVS transducer, CP200 and CPT-200 transducer
- eS128 DownVision & SideVision Pack with eS128, Navionics chart, CPT-100DVS transducer, CP200 and CPT-200 transducer
A3. Bundles can offer savings to those seeking to purchase several Raymarine products. As the MFDs are designed to share all system data and resources (except for NTSC/PAL video) when networked via Ethernet communications to one another, only one of the bundles described above would need to be purchased. Your original thought of having one of the MFDs have internal 50 kHz / 200 kHz fishfinder sounder circuitry is a good idea, as it would typically support deeper sounding and use of the currently installed transducer ... see the response to Q1.
03-08-17, 12:39 PM
Chuck,

Thank you for all your help and answers with this. I appreciate your time.

Chris
03-08-17, 01:11 PM
You're welcome.