Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE?
03-09-17, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-17 09:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

Here are some helpful link for those seeking detailed information concerning Axiom MFDs:
- AXIOM MFD web pages
- LightHouse 3 Basic Operation Instructions
- Axiom MFD Mounting Templates

Q1. what size will the displays come in and will the be flush mountable
A1. Axiom MFDs are being offered in 7", 9", and 12"

Q2 will they operate on 24 volts
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q3- will any of my existing periperal system eqpt (auto pilot, transducer, 48inch open array, st speed logs displays etc...) interface with the new system?
A3. Please provide a comprehensive list of the makes/models of the currently installed marine electronics products.

Q4. what media is used to store/load charts and data?
A4. Like Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, Axiom MFDs feature a microSD memory card reader and support use with an optional remote microSD memory card reader.

Q5. will I be able to connect it to my backup system which is an e78?
A5. See the response to Q3 ... Raymarine has produced no product having the name "e78".

Q6. can my fusion system connect to it?
A6. Not within the initial software release. It is possible that a future LightHouse 3 software update will add support for Fusion stereo head units.

Q7. can I connect flir nightvision cams to it
A7. Yes - IP camera input only

Q8. will it have multiple inputs for camera feeds (currently- my Gseries displays - which I have 2 on lower station and 1 on upper station- can feed 9 different camera feeds in since each display can take 3 cams.
A8. Up to 10 IP Cameras ... no analog camera input ports

Q9. will it connect to/or share my existing downvision transdcuer that is connected to the e78?
A9. Is is possible that you actually own an a78 or eS78 MFD? If so, then it may be interfaced to a AXIOM MFD following the release of LightHouse 3 software for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs and subsequent installation of the LightHouse 3 software into the a78 MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q10. will it connect to my a350 ais receiver
A10. Yes

Q11. will it connect to my ray 240 vhf radio
A11. An E70196 VHF NMEA 0183 to STng Converter Kit may be used to supply the Ray240 with GPS data.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE? - dmahler - 03-08-17, 03:54 PM
RE: AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-09-17 02:29 PM
RE: AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE? - dmahler - 03-09-17, 03:03 PM
RE: AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE? - dmahler - 03-10-17, 12:22 PM
RE: AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE? - dmahler - 03-10-17, 02:15 PM