Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE?
03-10-17, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-17 01:45 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE?
David,

Q. If that is the case,,, could I connect the HD radar array to a swithch and right now, before I get the axiom, connect it to my eS78 as well as th G series, in essence, SHARE the radar between the G series and the eS78?
A. Incorrect. It will not be possible to share radar between a G-Series system and a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs or AXIOM MFDs. It is not permissible to interface an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD to an Ethernet network which includes any type of MFD(s) other than an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. This list will expand to include AXIOM MFDs following the release of LightHouse 3 software for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. Accordingly, the radar currently installed Digital Radar Cable would need to be disconnected from the G-Series Ethernet network and then connected to the Ethernet network which will eventually link the AXIOM MFD and eS78 MFD in order to utilize the radar features of these MFDs. Alternatively, a dedicated radome or open array radar pedestal could be installed for exclusive use with the AXIOM MFD and eS78 MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE? - dmahler - 03-08-17, 03:54 PM
RE: AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE? - dmahler - 03-09-17, 03:03 PM
RE: AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE? - dmahler - 03-10-17, 12:22 PM
RE: AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-10-17 01:44 PM
RE: AXIOM SYSTEM UPGRADE? - dmahler - 03-10-17, 02:15 PM