Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Pilot Selection
03-15-17, 07:05 PM
Auto Pilot Selection
I have a 1994 Carver 390 CPMY. This had all vintage electronics. I upgraded to the latest "e' series Ray chartplotter, Ray Quantum radardome using my airmar transducer, as chirp would not benefit this non fisherman.

I have the original RAY auto pilot with a pump hooked into hydraulic steering. here is my conundrum. I wish to upgrade to the newest EVO autopilot. The one in there now does not respond well and must be watched closely to maintain a course. Being the size of my vessel, would I be needing to buy the EVO 200, (too small in my book) The EVO 300 or EVO 400? Also can I use my present hydraulic steering pump?

Many thanks for your advice!

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-17, 08:31 AM
RE: Auto Pilot Selection
Tony,

My best guess is the pump you have on your boat is a Type 2. This can be used with an EV400 power pilot pack. The pump itself should state either Type 1, 2, or 3 or have a part number to confirm.
03-18-17, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-17 10:26 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I will check the part # and be back. So the EVO400 would be my choice?
03-20-17, 10:31 AM
Tony,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the vessel be equipped with a Raymarine/Raytheon Type 1 Hydraulic Pump, then a T70156 EV-200 Power: Evolution Autopilot with p70R & ACU-200 would be recommended. Should the vessel be equipped with a Raymarine/Raytheon Type 2 Hydraulic Pump, then a T70162 EV-400 Power: Evolution Autopilot with p70R & ACU-400 would be recommended.