Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HI I need a diagram for my new Raymarine system
05-09-16, 09:41 AM
HI I need a diagram for my new Raymarine system
OKay,

I've got the;

Raymarine E7d Radar Pack W/Noaa Vector Chart Rd418d Dome (Still in box)
Raymarine Ev-200 Sail Linear Drive Evolution Autopilot (Still in box)
an old ICOM VHF (Installed at chart table)
A new standard horizon GX2200 (Still In Box)
i50/60 Instruments wind/speed/depth/ installed by PO last July next to companionway on bulkhead.
(these were installed very shoddy. speed and depth are Daisy chained together.
There is the beginnings of a backbone a one-meter backbone cable and Two tees.
They left the unused branches of the tees open with no terminators. The wind
instrument is powered separately, and is on the opposite side of the
companionway. This is not connected to the other two instruments. The speed
and depth instruments are to Port and the wind instrument is to starboard of the
companionway. There is a 1 meter backbone cable running between the two T's
the power is into one tee and the instruments are on the other tee.)

The boat is a 1985 Tartan 40 with the radome up the mast
I have 3 group 27 batteries under the forward berth and one starting battery under the cockpit.

It is basically all new Raymarine install, Instruments, Chart Plotter, Radar, AP and new Standard Horizon GX2200. There are some old instruments but I'm thinking I'm going to rip those out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-16, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-16 02:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: HI I need a diagram for my new Raymarine system
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum SloopDogg,

Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to produce custom diagrams to interface your equipment. However, you may find sample diagrams within Raymarine's product installation manuals, Raymarine's web site, and the SeaTalkng Reference manual.

RADAR: Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to interface the radome to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.

A powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone will need to be created having sufficient spur connections to interface the MFD, i50 / i60 Instrument Displays, EV-1 Sensor Core, ACU-200, and p70 autopilot control head, Actisense NGW-1-ISO-AIS, and a SeaTalkng Power Cable. The maximum total length of a spur is 5m and up to three closely located devices having SeaTalkng interfaces may be daisy chained to one another to reduce the amount of cabling chased through the boat.

It is generally recommended that AIS receivers/transceivers be interfaced to the system via SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications doing so will additionally support AIS data on i70 and ST70 Multifunction Instrument Displays. Accordingly, the paragraph above references an Actisense NGW-1-ISO-AIS data bridge.

As the MFD features only one NMEA 0183 I/O port (i.e. Port 1), it is recommended that it be used to support interfacing the Icom VHF radio if no external GPS sensor is installed onboard the vessel. Alternatively, a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter may be added to the backbone and the NMEA 0183 leads of the VHF radio may be interfaced to the Converter per the information found here to supply the Icom VHF radio with GPS data.

If opting to use the e7D MFD's internal ClearPulse fishfinder sounder circuitry, then the MFD's transducer socket must be interfaced to a compatible fishfinder transducer
05-09-16, 03:27 PM
HI Chuck,
Thats too bad, I was seeing all these cool diagrams around and it looked they were coming from Raymarine. That would be a very cool app, input all you new Raymarine equipment and get a diagram! Especially with all new Raymarine equipment. Something like that persuade someone to go with all your equipment over another manufacturer.

Might be something worth looking into especially with the emphasis on keep all things raymarine and showing how to make it expandable.

Thanks for the response!
Danny
05-10-16, 08:59 AM
You're welcome.
03-03-17, 04:25 PM
I just received all my new Raymarine products, and i am working on the design.

1 x e127s -1 i70s- 1 x ACU 200/ev1/p70rs- 1x quantum radar w network -1 xcp370

I have a 34 foot seavee with 3 x honda 250. It already has a nmea200o network for my fuel sensors and my honda gauges

I am replacing the honda guages with the new raymarine i70s and using mostly the e127s for reading engine data.

I have an existing nmea200 network, can use stng-devicenet spurs to connect the e127, i70s, ACU200, p70rs to the nmea200o network?

Or can i extend/ convert/splice the NMEA2000 network to STNG?

What is the best way to install?

I have made some designs that are attached, what is the best way to go and why?
03-03-17, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-17 08:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Arjen,

The first diagram, DESIGN RAYMARINE INSTALL ARJEN NM2K only.pdf, is incorrect, as it does not include an engine gateway. Raymarine products are exclusively supported for integration with marine engine system via an engine system gateway(s) as has been indicated within related FAQs within this Forum . Your second diagram, DESIGN RAYMARINE INSTALL ARJEN.pdf, more correctly shows how the equipment listed therein should be interfaced. Should your present system feature NMEA 2000 tank level sensors, then it may be necessary to shift these sensors to the SeaTalkng backbone. The power insertion spur for the SeaTalkng backbone should be located at the approximate mid-point of the backbone's LEN load.
03-04-17, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-17 08:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Arjen-
I am ordering the same equipment. It says you have drawings - I would love to see your install ideas. Can you share? Thanks!
BC!
03-06-17, 12:16 PM
Noted.