Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will it be OK to mount wifish under transom cap.?
03-21-17, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-17 09:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
will it be OK to mount wifish under transom cap.?
I have the Ray Marine WI-Fish /transducer/sounder.

my steering tubes are 24' I'm assuming the transducers wires will not be long enough allowing me to locate the WI-Fish behind helm.

since wifish is wireless will it be OK to mount wifish under transom cap.?

PO of boat has couple holes below waterline for transducer proballey seal and reuse holes.

is it true or false w/ a clockwise rotating prop. the ducer must be on the starboard side?

cpn. Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-17, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-17 09:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: will it be OK to mount wifish under transom cap.?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

Q1. since wifish is wireless will it be OK to mount wifish under transom cap.?
A1. While it is acceptable to mount the Wi-Fish processor under your transom cap, transducer extension cables are available for Dragonfly transducers should you prefer to install the Wi-Fish processor in the helm.

Q2. PO of boat has couple holes below waterline for transducer proballey seal and reuse holes.
A2. It is important that fishfinding / depth sounding transducers not be installed aft of thru-hulls or other hull features which may cause fishfinding / depth sounding transducer to be exposed to an aerated flow of water beneath them. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q3. is it true or false w/ a clockwise rotating prop. the ducer must be on the starboard side?
A3. Yes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply