Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CA] RayView and RayRemote
03-24-17, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-18 11:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] RayView and RayRemote
Is there any updates planned for these applications? The newer phones such as the Samsung S7 Edge are not listed in supported apps and the app crashes when trying to connect to my ES128. Just curious if there are any updates planned in the near future?
Thanks,
Brett
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-17, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-17 01:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: RayView and RayRemote
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brett,

Raymarine has not yet announced any updates to its Raymarine Mobile apps. Were the RayView and RayRemote apps downloaded from a source other than the Google PlayStore? Which version of the Android operating system is running on the smartphone?
03-24-17, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-17 09:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have a same question. It worked fine on my Nexus 5X, but one day the phone upgraded itself from Android 6 to Android 7 and RayView and RayRemote started crashing right after splash screen 100% of the time.

I tried reinstalling them few times, but nothing helped.

Currently I am on Android 7.1.1 and these apps now crash.

Also, it would be nice to get RayControl on 5 inch phones. I used to be able to sideload it to my phone from my tablet and it was a bit crowded, but worked fine. I mean it was fine back, when I was on Android 6.
03-28-17, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum martintali,

The Apple Store. Google Play Store, and Amazon are designed to support downloading apps only into mobile devices meeting the design specifications of the app. While apps may sometimes be installed into mobile devices through means other than these (ex. side loading), doing so bypasses such compatibility checks. When operating these apps on mobile devices not meeting the app's design criteria, performance of these apps will vary and support will not be available. While it is acknowledged that you were able to backdoor the Raymarine apps into your smartphone, the Nexus 5 is not listed among the mobile devices supported for use with these apps.
03-29-17, 10:24 AM
I have the Samsung galaxy S7 Edge android version 7
I downloaded from the Play Store
It crashes from the home screen every time. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it several times.
03-29-17, 12:24 PM
Brett,

Thanks for the confirmation. I logged a problem report earlier today, specifically calling out the mobile apps were crashing on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge w/ Android version 7. Thanks for confirming that you were able to download the Raymarine apps via your smartphone from the Google Play Store.
04-16-17, 08:47 AM
Exclamation RE: RayView and RayRemote
Have same issue with Samsung S7 and Nougat.
04-18-17, 10:27 AM
Larry,

Thanks for the confirmation. We'll add your mobile device details to the problem report.
04-24-17, 03:49 PM
I also have the same problem on my Sony Z4 tablet. Raycontrol worked fine up until the Nougat (7.0) update was pushed out last month.

Since I bought the pad 90% to run just the Raycontrol, it's pretty crushing to have it quit now, as I have a passage to make next month, and there is no recourse from Sony to back out the upgrade.

No pressure or anything.. ;-)
04-25-17, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the additional input.