Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 Classic upgrade to Axiom 12
03-24-17, 11:14 PM
E120 Classic upgrade to Axiom 12
Hello Chuck, I am new here and want to thank you for your work and responses.
) I want to upgrade my E120 Classic and was wondering how the new Axiom 12 will fit into the existing cut out for my E120? Is there a upgrade bezel available if the sizing if different?
2) I plan on using my existing DSM300 and B744V transducer for the time being until the new transducers become available. It sounds as though the new RV transducer will be best suited for fishing/trolling. Would I keep the existing transducer (50/200) and add a second for the RV? Would I continue to use the DSM300? Will the two transducers work together and would I then mount the new through hull on the opposite side of the hull (currently the B744V is mounted on the starboard side)?
3) I assume that the new transducers will be available in several different through hull configurations to conform to most conventional boat bottoms i.e. flat, 12 degree, 20 degree both port/starboard?
Thanks again,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-17, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-17 10:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E120 Classic upgrade to Axiom 12
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Point Taken,

Q1) I want to upgrade my E120 Classic and was wondering how the new Axiom 12 will fit into the existing cut out for my E120? Is there a upgrade bezel available if the sizing if different?
A1) Unfortunately, AXIOM MFD do not share the same footprint as the E-Series Classic MFDs. Raymarine has not announced any plans to produce mounting kits to replace E-Series Classic MFDs with AXIOM MFDs. Templates for the E120 and AXIOM 12 MFDs may be accessed below:
Raymarine’s web site- E120 Surface Mount Template
Raymarine’s web site- AXIOM 12 Surface Mount Template

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2) I plan on using my existing DSM300 and B744V transducer for the time being until the new transducers become available. It sounds as though the new RV transducer will be best suited for fishing/trolling. Would I keep the existing transducer (50/200) and add a second for the RV? Would I continue to use the DSM300? Will the two transducers work together and would I then mount the new through hull on the opposite side of the hull (currently the B744V is mounted on the starboard side)?
A2) Thru-hull RealVision 3Dâ„¢ transducers will be offered in 0 degree and tilted element versions. The 0 degree thru-hull is designed for use on vessels having a flat hull surface which is parallel to the waterline. Tilted element Thru-hull RealVision 3Dâ„¢ transducers are sold as pairs and will be offered in 12 degree and 20 degree versions. When installing the tilted element versions of the Thru-hull RealVision 3Dâ„¢ transducers, one Thru-hull RealVision 3Dâ„¢ transducer will be installed one each side of the keel. Like other fishfinder transducers, the Thru-hull RealVision 3Dâ„¢ transducers should not be installed aft of steps, thru-hulls, or hull features which may cause an aerated water to flow across the face of the transducers.

Q3) I assume that the new transducers will be available in several different through hull configurations to conform to most conventional boat bottoms i.e. flat, 12 degree, 20 degree both port/starboard?
A3) See the response to Q2.
10-08-17, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-17 08:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I've seen where upgrade bezel kits are available in other countries. I want to replace a c90w with the same size axiom. Any way to get this in America?
https://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/saltwater/...rs-2140227
10-09-17, 08:36 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum gmsutton,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Contrary to the article which you have referenced, Raymarine has produced adapter plates for replacing C/E-Series Widescreen MFDs with Axiom Pro MFDs, but has not yet introduced adapter plates to support replacing C/E-Series Widescreen MFDs with Axiom MFDs.
10-11-17, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-17 01:16 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks. Looks like the best this of to upgrade to the Axiom Pro.
10-11-17, 01:42 PM
You're welcome.