Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eS128 Spontaneous restart using a vector chart.
03-27-17, 03:21 PM
Question eS128 Spontaneous restart using a vector chart.
I installed the Lighthouse chart "NOAA Vector - Hawaii Pacific" on my eS128. When I zoom into the entrance of Pearl Harbor, the screen turns white and repaints several times, then the system reboots. The system software is at v17.46; I downloaded the chart twice. The reboot occurs every time I zoom into the entrance of Pearl Harbor. I also have the Lighthouse chart "NOAA Vector - Pacific Southwest" with no problems. I assume there is a bug in the Hawaii vector and also the system fails to trap the error.

I really like the Lighthouse Vector charts because they are easy to read, are small in size and have adjustable color thresholds for depth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-17, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-17 04:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: eS128 Spontaneous restart using a vector chart.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Russell,

Raymarine has duplicated and previously logged the reported issue in conjunction the US NOAA Vector Charts when the MFD is running LightHouse II v17.46 software and one pan/zooms the Chart application screen in the area of Peal Harbor. The problem appears to be limited to that area. A correction to this problem is being sought within a future LightHouse software update. Until the problem has been corrected, it is recommended that those encountering the problem utilize LightHouse US NOAA Raster Charts in the area of Pearl Harbor. Alternatively, should an immediate need for vector charts be desired, then Navionics or C-Map cartography may be used.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply