Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wi-fish wiring?
03-29-17, 04:12 PM
wi-fish wiring?
wi-fish wiring?

I have three wires from the wi-fish they are unlabeled (except for a yellow lable that says all are positive) then are numbered in the instructions.

one is red is this positive 12V DC?
one is black is this negative?

then there's a grey where doe's this connect to?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-17, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-17 10:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: wi-fish wiring?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

Please note that the instructions to connecting the power and drain leads of the Wi-Fish Transducer /Power Cable is specified within Section 5.3 Cable connection –DV, DVS, Pro and Wi-Fish™of the Dragonfly-4, Dragonfly-5, Dragonfly-7 & Wi-Fish Installation and operation instructions. Within the displayed diagram,
- the red wire labeled 2 in the diagram is the cable's drain lead,
- the black wire labeled 3 in the diagram is the cable's -12V lead,
- the red wire labeled 5 in the diagram is the cable's +12V lead.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing drain leads.
03-30-17, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-17 07:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have red/12v
black negative
grey unconnected

the transducer is screwded down to transom skin currently only one screw.

I haven't sean a wifish setup wizard.

I launch the app wifish (which I DL from net) the my tablet isn't connected to sounder.

?1.doe's the transducer have to be in deep water to be tested for proper setup.

wifish seams to not like being turned off.

please bare w/ me this is my first sonar installation. and the last major piece holding up me cruising the GOM
Thanks TB
03-31-17, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-17 10:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Steve,

Complete instructions for operation of the Wi-Fish and the Wi-Fish mobile app may be found in Chapter 6 - Wi-Fishâ„¢of the Dragonfly-4, Dragonfly-5, Dragonfly-7 & Wi-Fish Installation and operation instructions.

Have you verified that the Wi-Fish has been switched ON by verifying that its Status LED is illuminated? If not illuminated, use the Wi-Fish's POWER button to switch the Wi-Fish ON. Should the Wi-Fish not switch ON, then it is recommended that the voltage be checked at the Wi-Fish's Power/Transducer Plug and if found to not be present that the Wi-Fish's fuse be checked.

Should the Wi-Fish's Status LED be illuminated verify that your phone's Wi-Fi settings have been configured to connect to the Wi-Fish's SSID (the SSID and passphrase are printed on labels which were affixed to both the Wi-Fish package and the bottom of the Wi-Fish.. After Wi-Fi connection of your mobile device with the Wi-Fish is established, then the Wi-Fish mobile app may be executed. Should problems occur with getting the Wi-Fish app to communicate with the Wi-Fish hardware, then it is recommended that all apps running on the mobile device be shut down and that the Wi-Fish app alone then be executed. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it is recommended that another mobile device be tested with the Wi-Fish app and the Wi-Fish hardware. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the Wi-Fish be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

While communications between the Wi-Fish mobile app and the Wi-Fish hardware may be established under any conditions, the vessel must be located in water and the depth must be at least 3' beneath the transducer in order to have the Wi-Fish hardware produce any meaningful depth data and sonar imaging.
04-01-17, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-17 09:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Have you verified that the Wi-Fish has been switched ON by verifying that its Status LED is illuminated?”
Initialley when powered (just connected to battery) the wifish came on on it’s own, the four blue lines start alternateing flashing w/ other orange LED. It’s not a fuse because the WF powers up.

I attach three images in previous post.they went unpublished.

When I had both WF and android powered clicked
Setting
Wifi
Didn’t see WF did see the neibhbors wifi spot
So I’ve never had connectivity is this the point of installation that requires a internet acess?

Like doe’s it take a internet acess to execute Wi-Fish mobile app?

And from then on no intenet acess is required?

Because my boat is stored away from my house and there isn’t any internet acess at storage area.

BTW I think I remember receiving four smallish labels they had UPC codes.

Since I have the WF red to 12VDC/blk. Ground grey ground
Shouldn’t I see asome sonar image on android (I see nothing).

Thanks Chuck for surport.
TB
04-03-17, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-17 10:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Steve,

When the Wi-Fish mobile app is executed for the first time, the mobile device's Wi-Fi should be connected to the Internet to permit the app to register itself. After doing so, the Wi-Fish app should be closed and the mobile device's Wi-Fi settings configured to connect to the Wi-Fish's SSID (printed on a decal affixed to the body of the Wi-Fish). Thereafter, one need only verify that the Wi-Fish is powered ON (check that its status LED is ON and if not press its POWER button to turn it on), then configure your mobile device's Wi-Fi settings to connect to the Wi-Fish's SSID, and then finally, run the Wi-Fish app. The message shown on your mobile device running the Wi-Fish app appears to indicate that the mobile device has not established a Wi-Fi connection to the Wi-Fish or has not completed the aforementioned registration of the Wi-Fish mobile app. Should your mobile device's Wi-Fi settings not list your Wi-Fish's SSID and your Wi-Fish be powered ON, then there would appear to be a fault with the Wi-Fish, necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
04-05-17, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-17 10:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
When I click setting/wifi I never saw wifish I did see rm702####### which is actually wifish.
I now have the wifishs ssid and password entered into WF so I have connectiviy w/ tablet and transducer, anxious to get boat into water for testing.
Thanks Steve
04-05-17, 10:55 AM
You're welcome.