Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tacktick wind malfunction
04-03-17, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-17 12:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Tacktick wind malfunction
Thank you Chuck!
I will proceed accordingly and hopefully it won´t be a problem for the service center that they have to send the repaired devices to a different place they were sent from (will have them to be delivered to Antigua).
Best regards,
Alfred
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-17, 12:27 PM
Alfred,

The Repair Center can return your products to another location ... you need only specify where they are to be sent.
09-18-17, 08:59 PM
Chuck,
I am doing follow up on this thread as I seem to be having a very similar issue. I purchased a new T101 system along with a Microtalk to interface with my SeaTalkng (specifically an EV1 autopilot) 3 weeks ago. I installed the Microtalk and tested it along with the T112 display and the T120 transducer, in the locations I wanted to mount them. The exception would be the T120 was not at the top of the mast but I did place it approximately 30' (9 meters) away. Everything worked excellently, with T112 receiving and P70 control head for EV1 receiving the wind data.
I then installed the T120 at the top of the mast and.......nothing works! No information being received at the T112 nor on the Seatalkng via the Microtalk. I have checked the Health option for the Wind Transmitter Signal Strength but only --- shown. No signal strength I believe....
My mast and boom are aluminum, sails are dacron, height of mast is 46' (14 meters). I had the T101 parts fully charged before install and then left them in full sun for 3 days before retesting the system again.
I cannot believe I would have to send these parts in for service as they are brand new and worked straight out of the box 2 days before installing the transducer on the mast!

Please advise...

Regards,
Rodney
09-19-17, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-17 07:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Rodney,

Unfortunately, there appears to be a fault within at least one of the components (i.e. wind transducer or the display). These devices may be sent to the Product Repair Center to permit the faulty component(s) to be identified and replaced. However, if purchased within the last 30 days, you may also want to consider returning them to your Raymarine dealer for replacement.