Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ES128 Trip "Odometer"
03-31-17, 12:20 PM
ES128 Trip "Odometer"
Trying to figure out why the Gnd trip and trip are different? They were both reset to "0" prior to my trip offshore yesterday and this is what they read when I returned..... The boat has chirp downvision, DSM300 and Radar RD418HD
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-17, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-17 01:39 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: ES128 Trip "Odometer"
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
03-31-17, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-17 01:38 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I hope I didn't double post. I tried to upload a picture of the display and it timed out. As I refreshed it, it appears you already responded....

I am trying to accurate fuel consumption and my Yamaha sensor reads a little different that what I actually burn. Furthermore, the trip reads different than the grnd trip so I am assuming they are related. My only concern is actual fuel consumption vs actual distance traveled for fishing/planning... do you recommend changing a setting to the trip data source to read off the GPS?
03-31-17, 01:50 PM
Bill,

It is recommended that your review the portion of the previously referenced FAQ addressing how Ground Trip and Ground Logs can differ from Trip and Log respectively and actions which may be undertaken to close the gaps in the reported values. Fuel consumption rate and total fuel consumed are unrelated to this data. However, Fuel Economy and Fuel Range estimation are based on speed or SOG data and will reflect whichever reference you desire. These data items will be most consistent when based on speed through water. When based on SOG, these data items can vary significantly depending upon whether the vessel's speed over ground is increased by leeway forces (wind & current) or being slowed by leeway forces.