Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly 4 pro gps alarm
04-02-17, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-17 12:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dragonfly 4 pro gps alarm
I installed my dragonfly the other day and turned it on. After it got a fix, it kept having an alarm go off after about every minute, indicating position fix lost. I did not see any settings to turn this particular alarm off and it will not stop until I hit the okay button. Any idea how to shut this thing up?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-17, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-17 12:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Dragonfly 4 pro gps alarm
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum TB99,

Should a Dragonfly 4Pro, 5Pro, or 7Pro be installed in a location which does not afford them an unobstructed view of the skies overhead, then the GPS receivers inside of the Dragonfly display may not be able to acquire sufficient GPS signal strength for them to acquire and/or maintain a GPS position FIX. Should the Dragonfly display have been installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead and the product be unable to acquire or maintain a GPS position FIX, then the product would be deemed to have suffered a failure of its internal GPS circuitry necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Should one desire Dragonfly's CHIRP (conical) / DownVision sonar features but not need chartplotting features, then a Dragonfly 4DVS or 5DVS would be recommended rather than the PRO version of these fishfinders. However, should one desire Dragonfly's CHIRP (conical) / DownVision sonar features along with chartplotting features, and the display not be able to be installed such a location, then an ax8 MFD, eSx8 MFD, or AXIOM DV MFD would typically be recommended, as these MFDs feature communications interfaces permitting them to be interfaced to an external GPS sensor and/or external GPS antenna which in turn may be installed where it will be afforded an unobstructed view of the skies overhead.

Should a Dragonfly 4Pro, 5Pro, or 7Pro lose GPS FIX, then it will alarm as indicated. Dragonfly displays do not support squelching the NO GPS FIX alarm.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply