Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
st5000 plus
04-03-17, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-17 01:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
st5000 plus
Hi,
First time posting. I have a ST5000 plus autopilot. worked well up until putting the boat in the water 6 weeks ago. Had a pretty bad leaking steering cylinder so changed it as it had to be done and i thought air might be the problem.
The issue- when operating the auto pilot on standby or auto, it will only steer to starboard.
I have switched the drive polarity and it will then send it to port but not starboard. The - (minus) inputs are not responding.
-The rudder indicator is working and showing correctly
-Allthough I'm along side while doing these tests, i have set it to auto, and while inputting the minus in increments of 10, the compass reading on screen reflects the inputs. Then if i manualu steer to the port and go past the compass reading the auto will then energies the auto helm to correct back to starboard. but never to port
Any ideas???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-17, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-17 02:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: st5000 plus
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum pirahna3,

Based upon the symptoms and troubleshooting performed, it appears that the ST5000 (combines the functions of an autopilot control head and course computer within a single device) has suffered a failure of its circuitry. Unfortunately, Raymarine can no longer provide parts and service for the ST4000/ST4000+ and ST5000/ST5000+ autopilots. Accordingly, it would be necessary to replace the ST5000. Should the the ST5000 currently be interfaced to a Type 1 Hydraulic Pump, then it would be recommended that the ST5000 be replaced with a T70156 Evolution EV-200 Power (includes p70RS Autopilot Control Head, EV-1 Sensor Core, ACU-200 Actuator Control Unit, and SeaTalkng networking components to interface these autopilot components to one another). The current installed rudder reference transducer and Type 1 Hydraulic Pump may be retained for use with the new autopilot components.
04-04-17, 02:37 PM
Same thing happened to me last year. There's a guy in Colorado who fixed my ST5000+ unit for $187, which included return shipping. Send me a PM and I'll give you his email.
04-04-17, 03:07 PM
Noted.