Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power cable length
04-03-17, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-17 10:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Power cable length
I purchased a new e95 chart plotter last fall and am beginning the installation. The power cable is not sufficiently long enough to be chased below deck to where it will connect to the power bus. Is there such a thing as a longer version of that cable or an extension?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-17, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-17 01:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Power cable length
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum daknecht,

Q. Is there such a thing as a longer version of that cable or an extension?
A. Unfortunately, Raymarine neither offers longer Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cables for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, nor does it offer extensions for these cables. If seeking to extend all leads, then you may want to consider splicing a second Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable to the cable supplied with the MFD. The subject of extending the cable's power and drain leads is addressed within Section 4.5 Power and data (combined) connection of the a / c / e SERIES INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS (see the excerpt addressing extending the cable's power leads below). The cable's NMEA 0183 leads may be extended using commonly available marine grade twisted pair signal cable.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=858]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-18-17, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-17 09:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
By way of feedback, I want to say that the supplied cable for the e95 is too short for pedestal installation. The connector head could not fit through my pedestal, so I had to feed the wire end through. The cable was so short, that I had to pull the head into the pedestal, splice the wires to an extension to get the power connection, and then pull the whole thing up into the pedestal to reach the e95. On my previous third party product installation, the cable was about 4 feet longer and reached into the rear compartment, so all connections were below deck. Now the connections are inside the pedestal.
04-19-17, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-17 09:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
daknecht,

Thanks for the product feedback / feature suggestion. Your feature suggestion will be logged accordingly to offer longer Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cables for currently produced MFD as well as for future MFD designs to support pedestal installations.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.