Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAY55 VHF and Remote Mike
03-04-16, 10:33 AM
RAY55 VHF and Remote Mike
I have a setup using a RAY55 VHF radio wired to the remote handset. Sometimes the display on the remote comes up blank. Yesterday, I shut of the main battery house power switch and turned off the VHF. Then I turned on main power, turned on the VHF and the remote display came up blank. I disconnected the remote and called it a day.
This morning I plugged in the remote and turned on the house power. I turned on the VHF and all worked perfectly.
I turned everything off. I unplugged the mike then plugged it back in. I turned all back on and the display was blank.
This has all happened on prior outings. Is there a proper sequence or is there a setting I may have wrong. In my opinion there seems to be a communication data error in the interface.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-16, 10:59 AM
RE: RAY55 VHF and Remote Mike
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum N1ml,

The RayMic must be plugged into its socket prior to switching the VHF radio ON. Should the RayMic be plugged into its socket after the VHF radio is ON, then the reported behavior will occur. Should the RayMic be plugged into its socket and not be communicating with the VHF radio, simply switch the VHF radio OFF and then switch it ON again.
03-04-16, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-16 12:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for confirming the observed behavoir of the radio and RayMic. I thought that maybe there was a component intermittant failure.
I need to remember to plug it in before I get going.
03-08-16, 12:57 PM
You're welcome.