Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Perception Pescador Pro Kayak And Dragonfly transducer
04-07-17, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-18 02:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Perception Pescador Pro Kayak And Dragonfly transducer
I am thinking of buying a Perception Prescador kayak. It has a great transducer well built into the hull. Will the transducer from the Dragonfly fit in there ? Any modifications needed ? Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-17, 10:16 AM
RE: Perception Pescador Pro Kayak And Dragonfly transducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeff,

One of our staff has installed a CPT-100 installed in his Perception Pescador Pro Kayak. According to the staff member, the CPT-100 fits cleanly inside the transducer well, and the cable comes through the scupper.

Our staff member had to get creative though to get it permanently mounted. The Pescador Pro has a set of stainless screws/inserts in its transducer well, probably sized for a Lowrance transducer. He actually used a zip tie with a mounting [censored] through the eye of the CPT-100. I then screwed it into one of those holes using the bolt provided with the kayak. He bedded the other end of the transducer (the narrow DownVision end) in a bed of hot-glue to adhere it to the hull. It stayed in nicely all last season, and all winter (outside). According to the staff member, the nice thing about the hot glue is that its easy enough to pull hard and release it, or just heat it a bit to remove.

I have asked the staff member to add some photos of his installation and to comment on the resulting performance.
04-07-17, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-17 06:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Photos would be great and thanks for the comments. Also is the CPT 100 transducer the one that comes standard with the unit ?
04-10-17, 08:25 AM
Jeff,

Should photos become available, then they will be added to this post. The designs of the CPT-60 and CPT-100 transom mounted CHIRP (conical) / DownVision transducers are virtually identical. These transducers differ in that the CPT60's cable features power leads to support powering Dragonfly 6 & 7, while the CPT-100 lacks these power leads is designed to support the ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100. Similarly, the designs of the CPT-DVS and CPT-100 DVS transom mounted CHIRP (conical) / DownVision transducers are virtually identical. These transducers differ in that the CPT-DVS's cable features power leads to support powering Dragonfly, while the CPT-100 DVS lacks these power leads is designed to support the ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100. The shape of the CPT-60 and CPT-DVS also differ slightly, with the CPT-DVS being a bit smaller and featuring a removable mounting tab.
06-18-18, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-18 02:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Perception Pescador Pro Kayak And Dragonfly transducer
I just bought a Perception Prescador and am thinking of getting the Dragonfly. Could you post the pictures so I can see what it would take to mount the transducer?
Thx!
02-06-19, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-19 08:46 PM by Andres94.)
so i recently bought the raymarine dragonfly pro and mounted the transducer onto my Pescador Pilot Pro. i noticed that it protrudes out a bit past the bottom of the kayak inside the transducer well. i went to load my kayak into my truck and knocked it right off. i was wondering if there was some sort of lower profile mounting bracket or some sort of way to jerry-rig it into the well with or without the mounting bracket inside the transducer well so that it doesn't stick out.
02-08-19, 08:59 AM
Andres,

I suspect that you may get some better traction on this question from a forum specifically dedicated to kayak fishing or for a Perception kayak owners forum / website.