Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eS75 MFD displaying depth data
04-10-17, 01:56 PM
eS75 MFD displaying depth data
I have an eS75 MFD. I also have an older Airmar depth transducer connected to a Furuno fishfinder, and another Autohelm depth transducer connected to an older Autohelm depth display. Can I connect either of these transducers to display depth information on the eS75 MFD? Do I add an ITC-5, or a I70 display?, a Seatalk ng backbone?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-17, 02:17 PM
RE: eS75 MFD displaying depth data
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cweeman,

The eS75 MFD has no transducer input ports and accordingly cannot be directly interfaced to a fishfinder or instrument transducer. Should you specify the model of Autohelm depth display which has been installed onboard, then it may be possible to specify how an operational instrument transducer may be adapted to support providing the MFD with depth data to support displaying a depth as a numerical value. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the currently installed fishfinder transducer which had supported a third party fishfinding product.
04-17-17, 01:10 PM
Can depth be displayed using an itc-5 with a seatalk ng connection?
04-18-17, 11:00 AM
cweeman,

Should an iTC-5, a compatible instrument transducer, and an i70 MFID be interfaced to the eS75 MFD via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone, then the eS75 MFD would support not only displaying depth below the transducer, but depth may be offset to report depth below running gear/keel or depth measured from the waterline. Depth related alarms would also be supported when interfaced in this manner.