Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Evolution autopilot compatible with Simrad OP12 keyboard Autopilot Controller?
03-12-20, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-20 12:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Evolution autopilot compatible with Simrad OP12 keyboard Autopilot Controller?
Good morning,

I have a Beneteau 361 (36’ sailboat) with Raymarine electronics (SmartPilot S1, a75, p70, etc..) and would like to upgrade to EV-200 core pack, Quantum2, i70 and Axiom12. However, I do not have enough room to fit the p70 control head on my cockpit console. I use only the Standby/auto and +/- 1º or 10° button on my p70… I also like physical push buttons instead of tactile command through the MFD.

My question is: because Raymarine do not have a small control head with just push buttons, do you know if I can use the Simrad « OP12 » Autopilot Controller (https://www.simrad-yachting.com/en-ca/si...ontroller/) with the Axiom/Evo system over NMEA2000? I will move my actual p70 control head inside at the nav station.

Warmest Regards,

Jean-François
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-20, 12:24 PM
RE: [CA11] Evolution autopilot compatible with Simrad OP12 keyboard Autopilot Controller?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ,

Q. Can I use the Simrad « OP12 » Autopilot Controller with the Axiom/Evo system?
A. Negative. Should you be unable install a p70S autopilot control head at the helm station, then you may want to consider use of one of Raymarine's wireless autopilot controllers. As the base station for these wireless autopilot controllers utilizes SeaTalk rather than SeaTalkng communications circuitry, adding a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter to the backbone would then permit the base station for these wireless autopilot controllers to be interfaced to the backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply