iTC-5
03-05-16, 08:19 PM
iTC-5
I have installed a new Seatalkng system on my boat:
EV-1
ACU100 with wheel drive
i70
P70
iTC-5 with dst800 speed/depth/temp and fwd.std.wind transducers.
a77
The iTC-5 is connected by a backbone (blue) cable with a spur (white) on to my a77. The iTC-5 does not show up on any of my MFD and the green light flashes with long pause (no communication/fault). All other devices show up in system info. Is the iTC-5 corrupt?

Thanks

John.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-16, 04:54 PM
RE: iTC-5
Is the iTC-5 at the end of the Seatalk NG backbone with a blue terminator in the open blue port, or within the Seatalk NG backbone and it has two backbone cable coming out of the two blue ports?
03-08-16, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-16 11:19 AM by Steve - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Just to be clear on my system I will describe it for you.
My system starts with an EV-1 attached to a 5m backbone via a .5m spur and T with terminator. At the other end of the backbone connects to a 5 way connector, the first white port connects to an i70 with a 1m spur and an ACU100 is daisy chained to this MFD with a 1m spur. The ACU is powered directly to 12vdc source.
The second white port is connected to a 12vdc source and the third is connected to a p70 by a 1m spur and the open port of the p70 is terminated with a black terminator.
A second 5m backbone continues on to the iTC-5, the remaining backbone connector on the iTC-5 is terminated with a blue terminator and the white port has a .5m spur connected to an a77 wi-fi plotter which has its own power supply. As described in my earlier post the two transducers are connected to the iTC-5 with the drain wire on the depth terminal. This a all new system purchase in January all other I trumpets have been removed.

Thanks
John.
03-09-16, 12:11 PM
The backbone seems to be in order.

The iTC-5 is not being recognized by the i70 instrument display either, not showing any of the transducer information?
03-09-16, 05:19 PM
The iTC-5 is not present on any mfd nor is any transducer info displayed.
03-10-16, 09:35 AM
Unfortunately then your assumption is correct. It does point toward an issue with the iTC-5 and I would have to recommend the unit be sent to the below address to be evaluated by a service technician for repair or replacement.

Raymarine Service Center
9 Townsend West
Nashua, NH 03063

Include in the box:
Name
Daytime Phone
Return address
Brief description of the issue
03-10-16, 10:51 AM
Thank you for your effort I will return the unit immediately.
03-10-16, 11:36 AM
We'll get the issue handled quickly. Let us know if you have any further questions.
04-04-16, 01:45 PM
Received new iTC-5 from service department but after I installed it I am only receiving speed and temp. from my dst800 and no depth. Checked connections but looks fine but the iTC-5 light is flashing at the depth connection. My wind info is being reported as well. Has the fault in my previous iTC-5 affected my dst800 or does it not report data when out of the water?
04-05-16, 02:38 PM
If you are seeing wind data, and the iTC-5 was checked out as fine. Then it has to do with the transducer being out of the water. I would suggest testing when the boat is splashed.