Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replace ST60 Tridata with i50 Tridata
04-28-17, 10:32 AM
RE: Replace ST60 Tridata with i50 Tridata
I followed the instructions, and confirmed that the i50 depth and speed are both set as Master. Additionally, the software version is current version of 1.06. I still cannot access or set the depth alarms. When you press the depth button in normal use mode, it pulls up the page with alarms and shows "Off". No way to set any depth alarms.

I don't know the transducer number, but it would be original to the ST60 Tridata.

No way to check the software version on the converter. But also cannot understand how that would be an issue. Oh, and the ST60 Wind is getting the boat speed info from the i50 via the converter, as when I spin the transducer paddlewheel, the apparent wind and true wind are different in both speed and direction. When I don't spin the paddlewheel, the true and apparent read the same.

So do I have a faulty display?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-17, 01:40 PM
sailjumanji,

Q. When you press the depth button in normal use mode, it pulls up the page with alarms and shows "Off". No way to set any depth alarms.
A. The action of configuring an alarm's threshold will enable the alarm for which the threshold has been changed. Section 8.1 of the i50 Installation and Operation Instructions provides detailed instructions addressing how to configure alarm thresholds. After displaying the desired alarm symbol, a quick simultaneous press of the TRIP and RESET keys will display the alarm threshold and permit the threshold to be adjusted. A second quick simultaneous press of the TRIP and RESET keys will save the threshold setting and configure the associated alarm ON. To switch an alarm OFF, toggle through the alarms list until the desired alarm's threshold is displayed and then hold the RESET button pressed for approximately three seconds.

Should your i50 Tridata Instrument not be performing as specified within this response, then it is recommended that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
04-28-17, 02:52 PM
Ok, I read all of the online instructions again, and see what you are referencing in Section 8.10 (which is different than Section 8.1). I wish Raymarine had just included this more-detailed group of instructions with my instrument, as the thick book included with a dozen or so different languages says something about a shallow water alarm setting in the Calibration steps. Quite different. And the booklet is no where as near complete as the online instructions.

The good news is that it all seems to be working. Thanks again for your help.
04-28-17, 03:12 PM
You're welcome.