Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voyage Planner
04-22-17, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-17 11:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Voyage Planner
Based on your recommendation (Thread: Upgrade or Alternative Solutions in this forum), I went ahead and purchased the Voyage Planner.

The software is slow to load the NOAA ENC charts, and it displays the charts "patchy". (See attached screen grab.)

I have already checked both ‘Auto Quilt’ and ‘Autoload Charts’ in settings in an attempt to improve it, but to no avail.

Please let me know how to fix this.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-17, 11:06 AM
RE: Voyage Planner
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Viben,

While Raymarine Voyage Planner is recommended for use in planning waypoints and routes for Raymarine MFDs, any navigational planning product may be used for this purpose as long as the third party product is capable of exporting route and waypoint data to a GPX file and that the user of such software plans waypoints and routes in a manner which adheres to the constraints of the MFDs.

Regarding the incomplete chart coverage, problems associated with the NOAA data can result in problems such as you have reported. Generally, such problems are resolved within a few days after NOAA has updated its databases. As you can see by my attachment to this post, the latest NOAA ENC chart update for 06 Norfolk, VA to Florida including the ICW does not have this issue. It is recommended that you inspect the Settings->Charts within Voyage Planner to determine where charts downloaded via Voyage Planner are being stored on your computer. Voyage Planner should then be exited and the "06 Norfolk, VA to Florida including the ICW" folder within the "NOAA ENC" folder should then be deleted. Voyage Planner should then be run and the 06 Norfolk, VA to Florida including the ICW region should once again be downloaded via Voyage Planner.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply