Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transducer cable length
04-24-17, 10:23 PM
Transducer cable length
Hi Chuck,

I am installing a CP370 on a new (to me boat), which has two GPM400/G120, with the P319 transducer. The boat yard installed the transducer and started to run it to the fly bridge, when they realized the transducer cable was too short (by quite a lot).

I don't believe the 5M transducer extension cable (E66010) will be long enough to run up to the fly bridge and through the helm.

Can I connect 2 of these together? Is there a longer option?

Thanks,

Josh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-17, 10:15 AM
RE: Transducer cable length
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Josh,

In such situations, the CP370 will need to be installed in a location which will permit it be be installed within either the length of the transducer's cable or the length of the transducer's cable plus one transducer cable extension. An appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RJ45(M) Cable will then run from SeaTalkhs Network Switch to the CP370. Should the cable routing distance be longer than 10m, then the additional distance may be bridged using an assembly constructed from an A80162 RayNet (M) to RayNet (M) Cable Joiner and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
04-25-17, 01:02 PM
Thanks Chuck. So using a RayNet (F) into the CP370, I can then plug the RJ45 end into the SeaTalk hs switch, and the GPM400 will be able to see the CP370 data?
04-25-17, 02:33 PM
Josh,

Q: So using a RayNet (F) into the CP370, I can then plug the RJ45 end into the SeaTalk hs switch, and the GPM400 will be able to see the CP370 data?
A: Yes.
04-30-17, 06:29 PM
Chuck - please help!

The cable from the P319 transducer doesn't fit into the CP370 - they're different sizes and both are male.

Is there an adapter that I need?

Appreciate your help.
05-01-17, 02:10 PM
Josh,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to positively identify the model of P319 transducer which has been installed onboard the vessel. Please respond with a photo of the transducer's tag showing this information.
05-01-17, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-17 08:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,

The only tag on the cable is an Airmar yellow warning tag. There is no transducer make, model, and product ID. The "owner's guide" identifies it as a P319.

I have enclosed photos of the plug.

Please let me know how to get this connected!
05-02-17, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-17 08:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Josh,

As indicated by the referenced FAQ, Raymarine transducers feature a transducer tag to permit positive identification of the specific model of P319 transducer. The transducer's pin arrangement appears to be that of the A80171, a transducer which is designed to be directly mated to the 600W 50/200kHz Transducer socket of a ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFD. Should this be the case, then the transducer's cable would need to be adapted (part #A80344) to be mated to be mated to the CP370.

That said, without the information printed on the transducer's tag, we would be unable to positively identify the transducer. You may want to consider contacting the yard who ordered/installed the transducer to seek verification of the specific part number ordered to in turn permit positive identification of the transducer. Should the transducer have been produced by Airmar, Inc., then Airmar may be able to provide further assistance with positive identification of the transducer and make recommendations on adaptation should the transducer not be that specified within the opening paragraph of this post.
05-02-17, 08:52 AM
Hi Chuck,

Thank you for the help. I have the invoice for the transducer, which is "Raym P319 low profile xducer A80171".

Thanks,

Josh
05-02-17, 09:00 AM
Josh,

As you have positively identified the transducer and it has been verified to be that which I had identified within my last response, then the adaptation specified within my last response should be used.