Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymarine EV100/150
04-27-17, 02:49 PM
Raymarine EV100/150
I have a 2014 Striper 220 DC with Etec 225hp, rotary steer soon to be changed to hydraulic steer. (New to me as of last week). Currently have a Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2, 83/200hz transducer and a 3G Lowrance Radar.

I want to add a second MFD and autopilot. Everything I have read along with its capabilities points me to Raymarine autopilot. I like the redundancy of screens and transducers.

Questions;

1) If I bought a Raymarine e series 9 or 12 and a EV100 or EV150 can I wire them into my existing Lowrance NEMA backbone without any issues between both Lowrance MFD and Raymarine MFD?

2) Will the transducers from both be ok so long as they are mounted a distance from each other?

3) If all is ok what parts exactly do I need to order to make this happen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-17, 08:46 AM
RE: Raymarine EV100/150
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dean,

Q1) If I bought a Raymarine e series 9 or 12 and a EV100 or EV150 can I wire them into my existing Lowrance NEMA backbone without any issues between both Lowrance MFD and Raymarine MFD?
A1) Raymarine's latest generation of products having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface are designed to meet the requirements for NMEA 2000 Certification from NMEA. Should the third party products which you intend to interface with also meet this design criteria, then there should not be any issue. Care should be taken within systems featuring more than one source of any specific type of data (GPS, wind, depth, heading, speed through water, etc.) to ensure that the system's component have been configured to all use the same source.

Q2) Will the transducers from both be ok so long as they are mounted a distance from each other?
A2) While it is unlikely that the Raymarine fishfinding products would experience any interference from the 83/200kHz transducer specified, it is recommended that you consult with Lowrance regarding whether the design of their products will be subject to interference from any Raymarine 50kHz/200kHz transducer installed onboard.

Q3) If all is ok what parts exactly do I need to order to make this happen.
A3). For simplicity, it is generally recommended that a backbone be created using networking from a single manufacturer. If opting to continue with a Lowrance backbone, then you will need to add four additional backbone spur sockets featuring DeviceNet Sockets. Raymarine offers SeaTalkng to DeviceNet Spur Adapter Cables in both male and female genders to support interfacing Raymarine products to third party backbone spur sockets.

Alternatively, a backbone which has been constructed from Lowrance networking components may be married to a backbone which as been constructed of SeaTalkng networking components by adding a Maretron field install-able Micro-C connector of the correct gender to an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Raymarine products are interfaced to SeaTalkng backbone spur sockets using appropriate lengths of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.
04-28-17, 01:45 PM
Thank you Chuck. Anyone have any suggestions, run a different backbone for my Eseries Raymarine MFD and transducer to keep it separate from my Lowrance or connect them both on the same NEMA backbone?
04-28-17, 01:56 PM
Noted.
05-02-17, 12:06 PM
Chuck, I have not got any feedback from anyone so I'll revert back to you. If you had my scenario what would your opinion be?

1) Have a Lowrance backbone, transducer and 3G radar. Buy a new Raymarine MFD, structure scan, autopilot and run its own network/ back bone?

2) Keep Lowrance backbone and "wire in" a new Raymarine MFD structure scan, autopilot.

3) Have a Lowrance backbone, transducer and 3G radar and add new Lowrance equipment.

I like having a second screen and transducer for redundancy. Same concept with 2 different brands. Most important though is that I get the best or full functionality and the electronics all communicate and get along.

Its a lot of money so I want to do the best I can.
05-02-17, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-17 12:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dean,

Naturally, I'm in favor of adding a new Raymarine MFD and connecting the two backbone's as suggested within my earlier response. Should there be any data conflicts which cannot be resolved through configuration settings within the products, then you may simply disconnect the backbones from one another. The limitations of this approach is that resources which are of a graphical nature (cartography, radar, fishfinder imagery, SiriusXM Satellite Weather, etc. ) will not be shared between the systems. Should this be desired, then compatible MFDs from the same manufacturer and designed to support such sharing would need to be installed. This is clearly a subjective choice in the end.
05-02-17, 12:36 PM
Thank you Chuck, much appreciated.
05-02-17, 09:00 PM
I have decided to go with Raymarine using it own backbone or SeaTalkNG.

Shopping list;

MFD ES128
E70285-NAG

Starter Kit
Ray-T70134

Transducer
A102138

CP100

Auto Pilot
T70330 EV 150

I fish the Puget Sound, a little off shore (5-35 miles) and freshwater eastern Wa, ID, Or and N.Ca. Had a number of MFD product numbers to choose from so I think I picked right.

Any thoughts on what I am missing or incorrect part numbers or suggestions maybe even upgrades would be appreciated.
05-03-17, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-17 08:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dean,

It appears that you have a transducer/MFD mis-match. If seeking to have traditional 600W 50kHz/200kHz fishfinding capability within the new MFD, then an eSx7 MFD rather than an eSx8 MFD should be purchased to be used with the A102138 P58 50kHz/200kHz Transom Mounted Depth/Speed/Temperature Transducer which you have listed. Should this be the case, then the - E70284-NAG eS127 12.1" MFD 600W SONAR - N AMER NAVIONICS+ should be ordered. If seeking to have the MFD additionally support 600' CHIRP (conical) sonar / DownVision Sonar fishfinding capability, then the CP100 which you have listed, as well as an A80351 Transom Mounted CPT-100 DVS - DownVision Transducer and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable (used to interface the MFD to the CP100) would be required.

Alternatively, if seeking to have 600' CHIRP (conical) sonar / DownVision Sonar fishfinding capability alone within the new MFD, then an eSx8 MFD rather than an eSx7 MFD should be purchased and it should instead be mated to be an A80351 Transom Mounted CPT-100 DVS - DownVision Transducer rather than the transducer which you have specified. Should this be the case, then the MFD which you have listed would be correct. As this MFD has been designed with internal 600' CHIRP (conical) sonar / DownVision Sonar circuitry, there would be no need to install a CP100 to support 600' CHIRP (conical) sonar / DownVision Sonar features.

Please note that the T70330 EV 150 is supplied with a SeaTalkng Starter Kit. This kit includes a sufficient number of spur sockets to support interfacing the autopilot components. To additionally interface the MFD to the autopilot, the backbone will need to be extended to include additional spur sockets and an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable to connect the MFD to one of the backbone's spur sockets.
05-05-17, 12:03 AM
Thank you Chuck for the response but I am even more confused now. (I am sure its just my lack of real understanding). Here is what I want;

A 12" touch with buttons MFD Screen with N.America Navionics (Need a part number)

Both standard 50/200 transducer and Chirp/ Downvison sonar. (Need part numbers)

If a sonar module is needed such as CP100, CP200 or CP370 please suggest

I understand the EV150 comes with a starter kit but if any other components are needed given what I have listed above please suggest.

Dean