Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RL80C upgrade to axiom
06-21-17, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-17 02:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: RL80C upgrade to axiom
Joe,

Q1. The transducer on the boat is M78726. Can you tell me what adapter I need to make this work with the axiom? and does it plug directly into one of the axiom screens?
A1. Per my earlier response, an A80489 Adapter Cable would be used to adapt the L760's transducer alone to an Axiom RV MFD. However, the M78726 B744V Transducer was designed for use with instruments (ex. ST60 Tridata), not fishfinding products. Accordingly, this transducer cannot be adapted with the aforementioned adapter (or any other adapter) to support fishfinder features within an Axiom MFD.

Q2. Will the quantum data cable that came with my radar connect to the HS5 or do I need to purchase an adapter?
A2. Yes

Q3. also, what adapter do I need to connect raystar 125 or raystar 130 antenna (still not sure which one I have so I will order both) to the backbone?

A3. Both the Axiom MFD and Raystar 130 GPS sensor feature a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications interface. Such devices are designed to be installed as individual spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone. Should the current system feature a Raystar 125 GPS Sensor, then it will be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit which will comprise all or part of the aforementioned powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone. As the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 plug of the Axiom MFDs feature a DeviceNet (M) plug, an A06045 15.7in (0.4m) DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter or A06075 39.4in (1.0m) DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter may be used to adapt the Axiom MFD's DeviceNet Micro-C (M) plug to be mated to a SeaTalkng spur socket of a SeaTalkng backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-17, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-17 10:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I purchased the a06075 to connect the axiom to the backbone. This adapter does not fit axiom. Can you please look into what adapter might work in order to connect the axiom to the backbone

my axiom came with navionics charts on an SD card. How do i load the charts onto the axiom? there is no SD card reader on the axiom...
07-03-17, 10:45 AM
Joe,

Q1. I purchased the a06075 to connect the axiom to the backbone. This adapter does not fit axiom. Can you please look into what adapter might work in order to connect the axiom to the backbone
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The Power/NMEA 2000 Cable of the Axiom MFDs feature a DeviceNet (M) plug. Both of the cables identified within the referenced FAQ feature a DeviceNet (F) plug to permit them to be mated to the NMEA 2000 plug of the Axiom MFD's cable. Should your A06075 Cable not feature a DeviceNet (F) plug, then it would unfortunately appear to have been incorrectly packaged and should be returned to the dealer for replacement.

Q2. My axiom came with navionics charts on an SD card. How do i load the charts onto the axiom? there is no SD card reader on the axiom...
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.