Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e97 and e127 will not connect to wifi
05-01-17, 04:08 AM
e97 and e127 will not connect to wifi
My new e97 and 3127 won't connect to Wi-Fi to check for updates. I have tried using my iPhone as a hotspot and that does not work either. I either get the message "cannot connect" or "The Wi-Fi has the same address as your RayMarine network 10.0.0.010" Any guidance here possibly?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-17, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-17 03:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: e97 and e127 will not connect to wifi
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. In short, the design of the LightHouse II software does not presently support Wi-Fi communications with Wi-Fi hotspots utilizing Class A addressing. Should software updates and/or Theyr weather downloads need to be obtained for the MFD, then one of the workarounds specified within the FAQ should be exercised. With respect to using the iphone as a hotspot, it is recommended that you try manually changing your Smartphone's Wi-Fi name / SSID rather than use the default name to address this reported issue.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-17, 05:06 AM
I've had a similar issue, but when you change the wifi settings encryption to none/open then you can connect via your iPhone hotspot.

nb: the wifi connection on youre MFD is then not encrypted.......
05-02-17, 08:19 AM
Noted.
05-09-17, 02:17 AM
I upgraded the software from the previous to the newest issued in April, which is 19. Still no connection. Same error message "cannot connect. " Which road do I now travel?
05-09-17, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-17 07:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Tony,

Should your MFD's Wi-Fi communications circuitry be operational and should the features of a Wi-Fi hot spot which were identified within the previously referenced FAQ prevent your MFD from accessing the Internet to download software update files and/or to download Theyr Weather GRIB files, then it is recommended that the software update files and/or Theyr Weather GRIB files be downloaded to a computer. These files may then be copied to a microSD memory card which will then be inserted into your MFD's memory card reader to support updating the MFD's software and/or to be used by the MFD's Theyr Weather app.

Should the problem be rooted in the MFD being unable to connect to the Internet via a mobile device which has been configured as a mobile Wi-Fi hot spot, then it is recommended that the mobile device's name/SSID be manually set and that it additionally be verified that the name/SSID contain no apostrophes, quotation marks, or spaces.
05-12-17, 06:58 PM
After I updated mine WIFI stopped working. The problem is the update restricts the use of special characters in the wifi password. I changed the wifi password and removed the special character "!" and resolved the issue.
05-15-17, 09:15 AM
ShakerofSalt,

Thanks for the additional information on this subject.