Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radar replacement
05-07-17, 11:03 AM
Radar replacement
My 10KW legacy radar has stopped receiving. Don't want to chase good money after bad so I guess it is time to replace.
I want a radar that will clearly mark birds.
Currently have a 6' array. Control the radar through an E120 at my helm which is the master and have an E80 in the tower. I assume modern radar will not function through that system.
I also have an A98 which I solely use for a powerful depth sounder.
What are your recommendations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-17, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-17 10:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Radar replacement
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum flbluerunner,

Fortunately, E-Series Classic MFDs which have been updated with the final E-Series Classic MFD software update (v5.69) are compatible with Raymarine's HD and SuperHD Open Array Radar systems. These systems are available with either 4' or 6' arrays and choice of power output. In this case, it would be recommended that a T70175 12kW HD Color 6' Open Array Radar system and appropriate length of Digital Radar Cable be purchased. Should the vessel be fitted with a SeaTalkhs Network Switch, then the Digital Radar Cable may be adapted to be mated one of the switch's RJ45 (F) sockets via an assembly constructed from an A80162 RayNet (M) to RayNet (M) Cable Joiner and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RJ45 (M) Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply