Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Axiom Screen Install
05-12-17, 10:18 AM
Two Axiom Screen Install
Hi Chuck,

I have two questions in regards to my install on my boat for two Axioms.

1) What is the recommended size fuse for the Axiom 9? In the past I had no problems with my 20 amp setup on the Dragonfly. Just wondering if the Axiom needs more or if I run a dual setup?

2) What is the part number for connecting the two Axioms together as a network? I believe some said a Raynet cable?

Thank you and sorry if mentioned somewhere else. I wanted to make sure as these are newer units.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-17, 03:47 PM
RE: Two Axiom Screen Install
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Solo_Cam21,

Q1. 1) What is the recommended size fuse for the Axiom 9? In the past I had no problems with my 20 amp setup on the Dragonfly. Just wondering if the Axiom needs more or if I run a dual setup?
A1. Per Section 4.2- Power connection of the Axiom MFDs Installation Instructions,
The power cable must be connected to a 12 V dc power supply, this can be achieved by connecting
directly to a battery, or via the distribution panel. For 24 V vessels a suitable voltage converter is required. The product is protected against reverse polarity.
1. Power/NMEA 2000 cable connects to the rear of the MFD.
2. Ground wire connects to RF ground point, if no ground point is available connect to the battery
negative (-) terminal.
3. Positive (Red) wire connects to battery positive (+) terminal.
4. Waterproof fuse holder with 7 A fuse must be fitted (not supplied)
5. Negative wire connects to battery negative (-) terminal.

Q2. What is the part number for connecting the two Axioms together as a network? I believe some said a Raynet cable?
A2. In order for the MFDs to share all resources and features, the MFDs must be interfaced to one another via Ethernet. Should only the system feature only two compatible products having an Ethernet communications interface, then the MFDs would simply be interfaced to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. Should more than two such devices need to be interfaced to one another and as Axiom MFDs feature only one Ethernet Network communications interface, a HS5 RayNet Network Switch must be installed onboard. Each MFD and the other compatible Raymarine products having an Ethernet communications interface would then be interfaced to the switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
05-17-17, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-17 12:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for all the assistance so far!

Brian
05-17-17, 12:15 PM
You're welcome.