Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
es127 transducer
05-17-17, 08:22 AM
es127 transducer
I got my new boat a year ago and the dealer installed a es127 with a transducer. Not sure which one. I have learned that its different then the es128. Should I had gotten the es128? I am having a hard time spotting fish. Should I look to add another transducer? Everything else works great just not happy with the fish finder !

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-17, 08:56 AM
RE: es127 transducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum MPC,

The eSx7 MFDs and eSx8 MFDs differ in the type of fishfinder sonar circuitry which as been built into the MFD. The eSx7 MFDs feature 600W traditional 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder sonar circuitry, while the eSx8 MFDs feature 600' CHIRP (conical) / DownVision sonar circuitry. When interfaced to the right transducer, the eSx7 MFDs will support sounding in depths as great as 1000' vs the 600' specification for the eSx8 MFDs. Choice of transducers for the eSx7 MFDs is an important factor in the product's performance as a fishfinder. Traditional 50kHz / 200kHz transducers vary in cone angle, which in turn determines the diameter of the water column being searched. From a performance perspective, greatest performance trolling speeds will be achieved with transducers in direct contact featuring a fairing block or attached to the transom, followed by tilted element transducers, and finally in-hull transducers. Ability to better detect objects within the water column may be improved through increases in gain settings. CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar imaging is very similar in appearance to that of traditional 50kHz/200kHz sonar imaging, but provides greater detail resulting from CHIRP technology.

Should you provide:
- the information which is printed on the tag affixed to the plug end of the transducer's cable, and
- identify the maximum depth of the water being fished, and
- the length of the hull, and
- the type of propulsion
then further recommendations may be provided.
05-17-17, 01:19 PM
Thanks Chuck!

The only tag on the connector end was a warning that power should be turned off before connecting.

Maximum depth 200 feet

Length - 25'

Single Yamaha 300 FCU

Trying to add some pictures I took but they are not attaching.
05-17-17, 01:45 PM
MPC,

The transducer appears to be a B60 tilted element transducer of Airmar rather than Raymarine origin. That said, it appear that you have selected the incorrect transducer from the transducer selection list. This configuration setting must be configured to match the model of transducer installed to ensure proper performance of the fishfinder feature. After making this change and should the problem persist, then it is recommended that you then try increasing the Gain settings to improve marking fish.
05-17-17, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-17 08:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck thanks!
What about all these settings, I read the manual but I am unsure as to speed offset, depth, temperature!

Is there going to be an upgrade to Lighthouse 3 ? If so what transducer do you recommend to add to what I already have?
Thank you
05-18-17, 08:51 AM
MPC,

Q1. What about all these settings, I read the manual but I am unsure as to speed offset, depth, temperature!
A1. The speed transducer selection and speed offset would only apply to fishfinder transducers which feature or have been accessorized with a separate fishfinder speed/temp transducer. If equipped with such, then the Speed Transducer setting would need to be configured to match the model of speed/temp fishfinder transducer which had been installed. The speed offset is simply used to adjust the reported speed up or down to match the boat's actual speed through water. The B60 transducer does not feature a speed through water paddlewheel and as such the speed offset feature would not apply unless a separate speed/temp fishinder transducer has been installed onboard. The Temperature Offset is simply used to adjust the reported water temperature up or down to match the actual water temperature. Sonar systems are designed to report depth below the transducer by default. Often a negative offset will be applied by the operator to account for depth that a keel or running gear may extend below the depth of the transducer. Sometimes a positive offset will be applied by the operator to account for depth below the waterline to permit the system to report the system to report the depth of the water as measured from waterline rather than the depth of the water from the level of the transducer. None of these settings would have any effect upon finding fish.

Q2. Is there going to be an upgrade to Lighthouse 3 ?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q3. If so what transducer do you recommend to add to what I already have?
A3. Transducer changes would not be driven by the updating the MFD's software to LH3. It is recommended that the items specified within my prior response be addressed to provide better fishfinding capability. Should the problem persist, then you may want to consider installing an A102138 P58 Transom Mounted Depth/Speed/Temp Transducer.
05-18-17, 06:54 PM
Thanks Chuck for all your help! This has cleared up a lot of confusion on my part!

I will address these issues as you recommended.
05-19-17, 09:07 AM
You're welcome.