Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RD418HD Power Data Cable
05-17-17, 03:02 PM
RD418HD Power Data Cable
Hello,

I have a new RD418HD and an A95 that I'm going to be installing this weekend. In reading the manual for the radar it says to keep the power run to be as short as possible. On my Jeanneau the A95 is going to be installed in the Helm station in front of the wheel. But to get there I have to go through a cable locker below the backs stay where the cable comes into the boat. But this is also where I will be bringing a 14 gauge three stand wire from the distribution panel. Does it make sense to split the data and power cable back to this locker or just run both wires to helm and splice the power there.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
Jason
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-17, 10:50 AM
RE: RD418HD Power Data Cable
Jason,

It is recommended that the Digital/HD Digital Radomes be powered from a dedicated switched power circuit. Per the FAQ addressing this subject, it would be recommended that a radar extension cable be used to bring the radar below decks. From that point, an appropriate length of Digital Radar Cable may be used to bring the power and communications to the MFD or HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Should the cable's power leads need to be extended the it would be recommended tha marine grade cable of 12 gauge or greater be used.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply