Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom Chirp and Downvision images
05-31-17, 09:23 AM
RE: Axiom Chirp and Downvision images
One thing I discovered over the weekend is how to use the zoom. FYI, I have a Axiom 7 RV with dual 20 degree thru-hull transducers.

Prior to my last outing on Monday, I hadn't messed with any adjustments other than the color palates for the sounder screens. Shortly after we got underway, I had the screen in a 2-way split with side-vision on one side, and 3D on the other. I wasn't seeing much that excited me, and was wondering why my e165/CP370 (not connected yet to the Axiom) was seeing much more.

I went and increased the zoom on the Axiom, which I hadn't done before, on the side-vision window. The narrow view expanded, and simultaneously the 3-D view also expanded. I was very happily surprised at that. The rest of the trip my friend and I spent it drifting and powering back and forth over a wreck in ~ 60' of water, experimenting with the zoom and other controls.

Not sure if this will help you, but messing with the zoom DEFINITELY helped me and got me MUCH MORE excited about the Axiom sounder capabilities.

Good luck,

Joe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Axiom Chirp and Downvision images - Marinerjoe - 05-31-17 09:23 AM