Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray 54 not transmitting
05-22-17, 02:49 PM
Ray 54 not transmitting
I bought a 1999 Pursuit 2870CC and it had a Raymarine Ray54 VHF radio in it. The radio receives fine, even out 25 miles from shore. Upon trying to do a radio check, the radio would kick down from HI power to Low power and no transmission would go through. After speaking to an electronics person they told me it could possibly be a low or weak battery. I put in a new 12volt battery and a land charging system for the 3 boat batteries. I still get the problem. I also changed the antenna splitter and got a seperate antenna for the UHF radio, and put the VHF on it's own antenna. I still get no transmission, however, it no longer kicks down to Low power from Hi power after these changes. Is it possible I have a short in the microphone?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-17, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-17 03:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Ray 54 not transmitting
Tmevers,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As you can see from the FAQ, other factors may be responsible for the reported issue. Should tests specified within the FAQ not identify the source of the problem ... in this case it appears that the problem is rooted within the radio's transmitter, then the VHF radio should be replaced or sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply