Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a new Fishfinder to connect to my SL70RC
05-23-17, 10:29 AM
Need a new Fishfinder to connect to my SL70RC
Quick question:

I need a new fish finder/sounder to connect to my SL70RC. Something that would work with a "IN Hull" Transducer which I need as well. Nothing fancy.. Thank you in advance for your advise.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-17, 11:06 AM
RE: Need a new Fishfinder to connect to my SL70RC
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Hortuna,

The SL70RC is a radar/chartplotter display. Unlike the hsb/hsb2 Pathfinder Series Dislpays, the SL Pathfinder Series Displays lacked the hsb or hsb2 communications interface required to interface them to other Pathfinder Series Displays or to a DSM250/30/300 Digital Sounder Module. Communications with other products would have been limited to alphanumeric GPS, instrument, navigational, and system state data via the display's SeaTalk or NMEA 0183 communications interface. An a97 MFD or 9" Axiom DV MFD would typically be recommended to replace a 7" SL Pathfinder Series Fishfinder Display. Both of these MFDs are compatible or may be adapted for use with a P79 In-Hull Fishfinder Transducer or a M260 In-Hull Fishfinder Transducer. These MFDs may be interfaced (via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter) to the SeaTalk bus to which SL70RC may be interfaced. Is there any fishfinder currently installed onboard the vessel? If so, then please specify the make/model of the currently installed fishfinder. Please also identify the hull's thickness in the area which you are seeking to install the transducer and please additionally specify the maximum depth of the waters which you are seeking to fish.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply