Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fusion Link capabilities via e127
05-23-17, 03:01 PM
Fusion Link capabilities via e127
Hello forum.
I have recently installed a Fusion MS-UD750 and successfully networked it to two e127 MFDs via ethernet connection, but am disappointed that Fusion Link capabilities related to Sirius Satellite Radio control appear limited to just arrow left/right on channels and volume control. I expected Sirius to operate in the same manner as FM and AM which displays Artist/Song on MFD and also displays selectable preset stations on pull down menu screen.

Two questions:
1. Is there a way around the apparent Sirius limitations?
2. Is it possible that a future Ray software updates may address this limitation?

I am not sure of my current software version, but I updated as recently as March.

Thanks in advance for any information on this issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-17, 08:20 AM
RE: Fusion Link capabilities via e127
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ahoch,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
05-24-17, 10:05 AM
thanks for the info Chuck.

To confirm my understanding of the FAQ, it is possible to control the Sirius radio full functional if connected via Raymarine SR6, but not via Sirius SXV300 like in my configuration. Do I have it right?
05-24-17, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-17 12:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ahoch,

Q1. it is possible to control the Sirius radio full functional if connected via Raymarine SR6, but not via Sirius SXV300 like in my configuration. Do I have it right?
A1. Yes. If
- the MFD has been interfaced to a Raymarine SiriusXM Weather / Radio Receiver (ex. SR150, SR6 (retired), SR100 (retired)), and
- the AUX IN port of the Fusion Stereo had unit has been interfaced to the Audio Output port of the Raymarine SiriusXM Weather / Radio Receiver, and
- a Sirius satellite radio subscription has been purchased and assigned to the Audio ESN of the Raymarine SiriusXM Weather / Radio Receiver, and
- the Fusion stereo head unit has been configured to play audio from its AUX IN port,
then the SiriusXM app (not to be confused with the Fusion app) of the LightHouse II software may be used to select the SiriusXM channel/program being listened to.

It is not presently possible the Fusion Link app within the LightHouse II software to control SiriusXM channel/program selection if a SiriusXM SXV300 Connect Vehicle Tuner has been installed for use as the system's SiriusXM Satellite Radio receiver.
05-24-17, 01:15 PM
thanks again Chuck, good info.

Maybe I will get lucky and a future Raymarine software update will add this functionality.
05-24-17, 01:45 PM
You're welcome.