Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon5 pro constant GPS lose position
05-30-17, 07:02 PM

First time out w/ 5 pro observations

?1.constant irritating alarm GPS lose position.
?2.knts wasn’t displayed. from down vision, was displayed. From sonar tempuarely

?3.upon initial turn on I have accept terms, can this be bypassed?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-17, 10:49 AM
RE: Dragon5 pro constant GPS lose position
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

Please verify that the Dragonfly display has been installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies and that the vessel is likewise not located under a structure which may impair its ability to receive GPS data. Should these criteria have been satisfied and the Dragonfly display fail to maintain or acquire a GPS position FIX, then it would unfortunately appear that the Dragonfly display has suffered a failure of its internal GPS receiver, necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced or replaced by the Raymarine dealer (if purchased within the last 30 days).

The speed data reported by a Dragonfly display is Speed Over Ground (SOG), the source of which is the display's internal GPS receiver. Should the Dragonfly display's GPS receiver fail to acquire/maintain a GPS position FIX, then it cannot then calculate SOG.

Unfortunately, no option is provided to bypass acknowledgment of the Limitations of Use dialog. It is a legal necessity in these times.
05-31-17, 06:14 PM
hello Chuck I have a pilot house type boat w/ alumin hardtop.

pro5 is located 5" from star/window 10" from windshield.

my andriod 6 tablets located farrer away from window,it's builtin GPS tracks my position (it actualley tracks my position from inside my house).
06-01-17, 08:43 AM
Steve,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should you believe that your Dragonfly display's internal GPS sensor has suffered a failure, then it would be recommended that the display be temporarily moved to a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead and tested in that location. Should it fail to acquire and maintain a GPS position FIX when so tested, then it would be recommended that the Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.