Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot re-commission
06-12-17, 05:17 PM
Autopilot re-commission
I have an eS series MFD and an evolution autopilot. I am currently running v17.46 software on the MFD, and re-commissioned the autopilot when I upgraded to v17.46. Will I need to re-commission the autopilot again if when I upgrade the MFD to v19.03?

Thanks,
Jack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-17, 03:53 PM
RE: Autopilot re-commission
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jack,

Updating the software within a MFD will not in itself necessitate that an interfaced Evolution autopilot be recommissioned. However, should software within an Evolution ACU or EV Sensor Core be updated, then a Pilot Factory Reset followed by recommissioning would typically be advised. Like several of the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software updates which preceded it, the LightHouse II v17.46 zip file included software update files to additionally update all compatible devices designed to be updated by an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. During the MFD software update process, the operator is presented with a dialog listing the Raymarine device which have been interfaced to the MFD and listing any available software updates contained on the microSD memory card for those additional devices. Should the operator leave the check boxes selected within this dialog for any of the devices listed, then the software within those devices will be updated accordingly. This is why the software within your Evolution autopilot was updated when you performed the v17.46 software update and accordingly why it was necessary to perform the a Pilot Factory Reset followed by recommissioning.

As the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD v19.03 software includes an update to software for ACUs, should the checkbox to update your system's ACU be selected and should you then proceed in updating the ACU's software, then would be recommended that Pilot Factory Reset followed by recommissioning be performed. The software for Evolution ACU's is designed to be common for all ACUs. However, as the v2.23 software update for ACUs was principally introduced to add support for the ACU-150, it would not be necessary to install this update unless your system included an ACU-150.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply