Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution Autopilot--Speed Data Source
06-07-17, 12:57 PM
Evolution Autopilot--Speed Data Source
I have a P70/ACU-200/EV-1/Linear Drive system. It is interfaced via ST-STNG converter to my older wind, depth, speed Raymarine ST60 instruments. It is also interfaced vie the ST-STNG converter to my SL72 Plus radar/chart plotter.

When first installed, the autopilot worked well *except* when my paddle wheel speed transducer would occasionally get fouled and my speed-through-the-water would drop to zero and the autopilot would go nuts and steer me in random directions.

About two months ago (April 2017), I borrowed an MFD and updated the firmware on all components to the current versions and went through the calibrations again. My understanding is that this more recent firmware has addressed my speed problem by allowing the system to use some other speed value (e.g., SOG from the GPS or a pre-set cruising speed) should the speedo get stuck. But I don't see any place in the setup menus where I'm supposed to specify what it's supposed to do if the speed-through-the-water data is missing. Or does the system now just "know" what to do?

The updated firmware works great otherwise, but so far the speedo has not gotten jammed so have not been able to confirm that the update fixed the issue.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-17, 03:39 PM
RE: Evolution Autopilot--Speed Data Source
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dagelm,

Access to some autopilot configuration settings, including Speed Input, is blocked if the Autopilot Calibration Lock (MENU->SET-UP->AUTOPILOT CALIBRATION->VESSEL SETTINGS->CALIBRATION) has been configured ON. After configuring this setting to OFF, then the Vessel Settings menu should include an option to configure Speed Input.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply