Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I assume that my recently purchased Raymarine product has current software?
06-09-17, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-17 09:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)

Like most manufacturers of consumer electronics (marine electronics, mobile devices, computers, televisions, etc.), Raymarine products are programmed with the latest available product software during the production process. However, should a software update for a consumer electronics product be released after the product was manufactured, then it is quite possible that the software within the purchased product will not have been updated with this software. Where possible, Raymarine will update inventory within its warehouses with any critical software updates prior to shipment to Raymarine distributors and dealers. Accordingly, it is considered to be a best practice for purchasers of consumer electronics to determine the version of software installed within newly purchased products, and then to update the product with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. The software within most Raymarine products is designed to be easily updated by their owners using software update files downloaded from Raymarine's website which are then copied to a memory card using a computer. Raymarine's latest generation of Wi-Fi equipped MFDs also support downloading software updates directly from Raymarine's website.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed