Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading COG Mismatch (E125/ACU400/EV-1/P70/I70)
06-13-17, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-17 10:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Heading COG Mismatch (E125/ACU400/EV-1/P70/I70)
Thanks for supplying the requested information,

Your diagram appears to show a properly networked system. With respect to maximum deviation detected, it should be noted that upon completion of detecting magnetic deviation the autopilot's control head will report the maximum deviation detected. However, this number will be refined over time and will be reflected within the deviation specified with the About Pilot information (command provided within the prior response). Should this indeed be the source the deviation value which you have reported, then the EV-1 Sensor Core's installation location would be deemed satisfactory.

It is recommended that you verify that the ACU-400's SeaTalkng Power Switch has been configured to OFF position. Failure to do so may result in a ground loop, potentially causing unpredictatable system performance.

It is recommended that you verify that the EV-1 Sensor Core's arrow is oriented parallel to the keel and in the direction of the bow.

The software within the EV-1 Sensor Core and RS130 is not current. It is recommended that the software within these two components be updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates.

Upon completion of the above, it is recommended that a Pilot Factory Reset be performed, Dockside Wizard executed, and deviation/vessel handling cruise performed again. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Any adjustments to the heading (+/- 9 degrees) may be made via the autopilot control head. Upon completion of these actions should the problem re-occur and should the maximum sensed deviation not exceed 10 degrees, then it would be recommended that the EV-1 Sensor Core be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heading COG Mismatch (E125/ACU400/EV-1/P70/I70) - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-13-17 10:40 AM